Vaco has been engaged to identify a Bookkeeper for a mid-sized company, headquartered in Birmingham. The Bookkeeper will report to the president and owner and will perform general accounting and record keeping functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, monthly closing and prepare various reports.
This company has been around over 80 years and has very low turnover and prides itself on having a family friendly environment. Positions at this company are highly coveted and do not come open often. This is the perfect opportunity to get your foot in the door and find the work/life balance that everyone wants.
Accounts Payable / A/P
- Pay bills and maintain ledgers
- Code payables and input into Great Plains (or other formats)
- Monitor cash flow
- Utilize online bill pay
- Work with Auditor
Accounts Receivable / A/R
- Generate invoices
- Prepare estimates and progress billings on catered functions
- Monitor A/R account, ensuring timely payment
Money-Handling & Banking
- Prepare bank deposits and enter daily cash receipts
- Reconcile bank account
- Monitor office expenditures
- Prepare monthly reports to President and management
- Ensure monthly Sales and Use Tax is paid timely
ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES PLEASE NOTE YOU DO NOT NEED TO APPLY IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY SUBMITTED TO ANOTHER VACO POSTING. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR ALL OPEN VACO OPPORTUNITIES.
Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.
Do you know someone who is the right fit? Call today and learn more about the Vaco referral program.
Join Vaco Birmingham on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/vacobirmingham