Position at ITW Construction North America
2020 INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
[ Link removed ]
Job [ Link removed ] Engineering Intern
Job [ Link removed ]
Job [ Link removed ]
Projected Start [ Link removed ], 2020 unless specified
Projected End [ Link removed ] 7, 2020 unless specified
The Standard Product Engineer Intern is responsible for supporting the Quality Manager to analyze manufacturing processes for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection. This internship will focus on continuous improvement, troubleshooting problems with production and implementing corrective actions in the GTU Libertyville facility.
- Participate as a member of the GTU’s Standard Product Engineering team
- Identify design and process gaps in the GTU’s parts and products. Recommend and implement improvements
- Develop component designs using CAD
- Develop, monitor, and/or perform product tests to improve product performance
- Component design with CAD
- Design of experiments
- Applied physics. Learn about basic energy conversion methods, electro-mechanical machine design, Pneumatic & Cordless tool design theory
- Connection between engineering, manufacturing, and the business/market needs
- Understanding of production inefficiencies, data interpretation, and problem resolution
- Ability to work on multi-disciplinary teams
- Mechanical Engineering major required
- Have had the course of Internal Combustion Engine Theory, Thermodynamics, Machine design preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- PTC Creo or any FEA or CFD program aptitude preferred
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making: Ability to make logical and sound decisions and to know when to act independently and when to seek assistance.
- Curiosity & Learning Orientation: Actively identifying new areas for learning and applying newly gained knowledge/skill on the job.
- Drive to Excel: Driven to succeed and willing to go the extra mile. Perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Interpersonal Skills & communication: Ability to work collaboratively and partner well with others, express oneself verbally and in writing, and listen well.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles, climate variances and moving mechanical equipment typically found in a manufacturing environment. The noise level in the work environment (office) is usually low, but higher when exposed to the manufacturing areas. Certain personal protective equipment is required when in the manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms and regularly required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.