Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
This role has the opportunity to impact the day-to-day healthcare experience of over 100M lives. As part of the Enterprise Enrollment & Eligibility functional domain, the individual in this role will be responsible for the logical, functional, and solution architecture of components of the enterprise enrollment and eligibility platform, translating business capabilities and needs into architectural and engineering specifications. To be successful in this role, the individual will need to be naturally curious, willing to learn every day, and have the unique combination of technical acumen, business understanding, and persistence to champion and negotiate your solutions with diverse stakeholders.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute to the creation and evolution of a consolidated logical, functional, and technical architecture roadmap for the Enterprise Eligibility business domain specifically focused on eligibility consumption standardization via streams, APIs and analytic channels
- Define technical details of solutions align with enterprise technology standards to support modernization agendas
- Future proof solution designs by ensuring the strategic architecture accommodates transitional needs
- Influence leadership on key decisions as it relates to the technology strategy as well as specific line of business plan
- Reviews of existing systems and ongoing engineering to ensure consistent alignment with the strategic architecture
- Communicate architectural concepts and patterns into clear, actionable engineering direction
- Create and foster an environment of innovation including remove roadblocks and enable strategic risk taking; advocate and drive change management, enable and model adoption of innovative behaviors and practices
- Build productive cross business relationships with both technical and business partners to deliver true enterprise level solutions which meet of stakeholder requirements
An individual in the Architecture job family is a strategic resource for UnitedHealth Group. This individual could be involved across many aspects of architecture, design, build, engineering and implementation of technical solutions and capabilities providing technical leadership. Responsible for communicating overall architecture vision, technical strategies, and trade-offs across various levels in the organization to gain buy-in. Will provide recommendations and technical guidance to improve performance, reliability, and reusability within the constraints of budget, resource and business dependencies. In base and mid-level roles, engages across teams in a capacity that ranges from assisting on in-flight initiatives, up to technical briefings and demonstrations of new technologies across the organization. In senior level roles, leads business solutions, capabilities, and is a solid influencer that engages with client executives and stakeholders.
- Company thought leader
- Functional SME
- Broad business approach
- Resource to senior leadership
- Develops pioneering approaches to emerging industry trends
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Healthcare domain experience
- Knowledge and usage of enterprise architectural frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Knowledge and experience in data management capabilities such as quality and governance
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to design solutions based on modern cloud-native architectures (micro-service, streaming, etc.)
- Demonstrated expertise in delivering solution architecture designs in a complex enterprise environment
- Ability to balance long term strategic roadmap creation with pragmatic, value-based delivery for business partners
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science or similar technical discipline
- Experience in hands-on software engineering or data management disciplines
- Experience in public cloud solution architecture
- Healthcare product and service enrollment and eligibility experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $113,500 to $218,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $113,500 to $218,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.