To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT II
Terminix • Memphis, TN
Posted 29 days ago
Under general supervision the Communications Consultant will assist the Communication Business Partners in developing and communication material. The Communication Consultant will also assist in maximizing the impact of these initiatives. The Communication Consultant may also supports specific communication needs of a business unit to ensure the delivery of an effective communication messages.
- Work with communications business partners to develop business-specific communication strategies and tactics that are appropriately aligned with ServiceMaster’s vision, business unit priorities and audience needs
- Assist in executing a comprehensive Communication/PR strategy and plan for ServiceMaster, while collaborating with each communication business unit partner to create an integrated Communication/PR program for each business unit
- Ensure appropriate alignment between ServiceMaster corporate and business unit communication themes, strategies and messages
- Aid in Identifying critical business issues and partner with key internal and external stakeholders (legal, government affairs, trade groups, etc.) to ensure sufficient communication support for potential issues, such as environmental concerns, consumer advocacy, tax incentives, etc.
- Assist in writing, editing, and designing to ensure timely production and distribution of all PR materials, including press kits, holding statements, press releases and FAQs, video/audio scripts, customer service scripts and speeches
- Review and edit materials prior to distribution to ensure clarity and appropriateness for each audience
- Act as in-house communications consultant to internal clients on all communication methods, processes, messaging, budgeting and effectiveness
- Continually review and assess various business markets and environments to identify and act upon important issues and communication opportunities
- Broadly deliver the company’s vision and success stories through a variety of vehicles, including the corporate internet, trade, business and consumer PR, blogs, newsletters, executive messaging and collateral materials
- Provide support, as needed, for community relations activities
- Identify and champion new communication vehicles and opportunities, including but not limited to print, electronic, video, Webcasting, podcasting and e-mail
- Partner, as needed, with internal communications team to ensure consistent messaging between internal and external audiences
- Monitor print and electronic media for coverage of company and relevant industry news
- Keep clients and communications team updated about key communications initiatives, goals, progress against goals, etc.
- Design best-in-class processes that are built from qualitative and quantitative measurement of all major PR initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree required; Six Sigma certification preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of related corporate communications/public relations experience; journalism background desirable
- Experience in developing proactive multimedia communications campaigns
- Solid understanding of corporate communications and its impact on a business
- History of responding to rapidly changing conditions with agility and imagination, capitalizing on emerging communication opportunities/li>
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and excellent working knowledge of Internet/intranet
- Excellent writing skills and ability to tailor messages to specific and multiple constituencies
- Ability to think strategically
- Tactical skills
- Ability to work well with team members and all levels of management
- Solid business knowledge and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multitask, organize, prioritize and follow through on commitments
- Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information