To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
12131 Firestone Boulevard
Norwalk, CA 90650
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Bus Driver-$500 Sign-On Bonus!
First Transit • Norwalk, CA
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
No time to complete your application now? No problem! Simply click "Apply now" to create a login and enter your contact details. We will be in touch with you!
Bus Driver-Sign on Bonus
Join the First Transit team and be a part of something great! Our drivers provide safe, reliable, and efficient transportation to thousands of people each day. First Transit’s commitment to putting customers first, dedication to safety, and ambition to deliver the best makes for a working environment you’ll love.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- $500 sign on bonus (*Conditions Apply)
- Career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan
- Cutting-edge training
Bus Driver requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- CDL Class B with Passenger and Air Brakes endorsements and VTT preferred
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience in a personal vehicle
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned
- All candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Bus Driver major responsibilities:
- Drive one of several different transit buses or vehicles in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area within a daily assigned time schedule
- Perform pre/post trip vehicle inspections as required
- Stop at designated points to load and unload passengers
- Assist in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
- Notify dispatch of deviations, overload, accidents, passenger incidents, medical/behavioral problems, or bus mechanical/electrical trouble
- Assure that fares are deposited into the fare box and dispense information
- Advise passengers of rules and regulations when necessary
- Complete and submit written reports concerning passengers and all accidents
- Operate on-board computer fare boxes and destination signs.
Become a part of our team - Apply today online or in person at: 12131 Firestone Blvd. Norwalk, CA 90650!
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.