Tired of working long shifts with patients you know by room rather than by name? Come work for a home health agency that is well-known for excellent patient care and gives you flexibility and an exceptionally supportive staff!
We have been locally owned and operated by the same family in Virginia Beach since 1991. This is a true testament to our superior service and high clinical standards in this competitive industry. As guests in our patients' homes, we never forget that our service is more than just treating symptoms; it's developing a comprehensive health care plan tailored to each patient's needs. Our Newport News office is currently looking for a PRN Physical Therapists.
Physical therapy services are provided for treating impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted professional standards of physical therapy practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies and procedures.
- Assists the physician or other licensed practitioner in evaluating the level of patient function and performance and equipment needs as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long and short-term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Participates in the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s).
- Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care.
- Provides interventions and therapeutic treatment in accordance with the physician certified plan of care and physical therapy professional standards of practice.
- Regularly assesses changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determines whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote the patient progress toward mutually agreed upon goals and planning for discharge.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current licensure, if applicable, as a physical therapist in the state(s) in which he or she will practice.
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a physical therapist that is relevant to the patient population assigned preferred.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignment to fit your Needs
- Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Health Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Paid Holidays
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 50 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
- Physical Therapy