Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy Independence TM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Renewable Energy Portfolio Analyst PositionSunnova Energy is searching for a Renewable Energy Portfolio Analyst to be responsible for managing the Sunnova Renewable Energy Credits (REC) portfolio. This individual will optimize our participation in existing REC markets while supporting top-line REC Portfolio growth through new market entries, as well as support our ongoing success across new initiatives within the Grid Services business. This role requires collaborating with internal stakeholders (including Finance, Legal, and other departments) to successfully register Sunnova’s assets, track and report performance, and ensure appropriate hedging strategies are in place to maximize value.
Renewable Energy Portfolio Analyst Responsibilities
- Manages the renewable energy portfolio including registering, trading, settling, transferring, forecasting and reporting
- Registers, maintains and uploads generation for all assets in a multitude of renewable registries
- Supports the forecasting and portfolio optimization process
- Provides monthly production, delivery, invoice, and ad hoc reports
- Evaluates potential impacts from regulation and policy changes to develop recommendations associated with changes
- Communicates variances in positions and risk metrics effectively
- Develops strong relationships with internal stakeholders to consolidate information and highlight risks and opportunities
- Supports the development of the Grid Services business with a growth mindset and creative approach to problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related
- 0-2 years’ experience in related position
- Proficient with VBA, SQL, Python or other database languages
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience in energy markets
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Accounts Receivable
- Energy Market