Part time weekends 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am
Ingleside at Rock Creek is the treasured home of a diverse group of people whose experiences and interests create the perfect balance for stylish retirement living. The community includes retirees from the Foreign Service and the Department of State, former educators from the highest levels of academia, writers and musicians and successful entrepreneurs, all with a common view of elegant living in retirement.
If you have the sought after qualifications, a passion for seniors, and if you conduct yourself with respect, take accountability for your actions, are innovative, strive for excellence in all you do and are a good steward of your time and resources then we are honored to review your resume.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), six (6) months to one (1) year of security experience with unarmed security certification required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have a current a DC security officer license. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong customer service skills, and be available at all times.
This position is primarily responsible for providing safety and security procedures to the residents of the Ingleside at Rock Creek. Additional duties include assistance with minor maintenance repairs.
- Patrols interior and exterior of the community throughout the day; ensures all doors and windows are secure.
- Ensures all areas of the community comply with the security, safety and fire requirements set by the District of Columbia.
- Investigates all instances of property loss and/or disturbances; writes thorough report of findings and sends to Security Supervisor.
- Maintains security logs on all department activities and ensures all fire and safety systems are working properly.
- Assists fire and police officials with safety drills and/or emergency situations.
- Ensures constant contact with department managers and other security officers and responds to emergency calls immediately.
- Unlocks specified doors each morning at designated time and locks doors, turn off specified lights throughout the property each evening and turn them on each morning.
- Reports any emergency situation to the fire or police department immediately and ensures appropriate staff is notified in a timely fashion.
- Ensures all visitors are parked in appropriate parking spaces, resolves issues as needed.
- Assists nursing staff with transporting and/or escorting residents within the community.
- Monitors CCTV systems for suspicious activity throughout the property.
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as prescribed by the organization, as well as government regulations.
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Reports any injury of resident, visitor, or employee immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel
- Provides assistance to resident, visitor, or employee in an emergency situation; following the proper emergency procedures.
- Customer Service
- Drilling Operations
- Medical Emergency