Direct Hire - Data Center Product Manager (50% travel)
Salary: 90k + 10 - 15% Bonus
This person will be responsible for the 100-2000kW UPS product planning and execution all through the lifecycle of the business. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of data center market, financial concepts and metrics, and the ability to apply this knowledge to leading the product in the fiscally sensible and goal-oriented fashion.
This position requires a strong blend of Technical design knowledge, business, financial, and product marketing experience, with a proven, successful background in defining new products and bringing them successfully and profitably to market.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of product strategy, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including defining the product vision, rationalization of product offerings, pricing and product positioning for 100-2000kW UPS.
- Own achieving financial goals of the product in terms of the performance to budget, new product revenues, pricing, margins, working capital, inventory, variances, etc.
- Lead the development of product lines strategies and product & technology roadmaps.
- Perform in-depth competitive analysis, including comparison of performance specifications, features, pricing, market share tracking & analysis.
- The responsibility requires regular interaction with external constituents such as suppliers, customers, prospects and partners, as well as internal team such as executive management, product management, marketing, operations, R&D, sales, customer support and field service; and the capacity of aligning various stakeholders toward achieving established corporate objectives.
- Systematically gather, analyze and present Voice of Business, and use this information to support product decisions.
- Develop and present winning product and technology business cases, technical collateral material and go-to-market strategies with sales team designed to successfully win sales opportunities.
- Generate collateral and provide technical expertise and training to reps, distributors and customers.
- Travel 50%.
- An engineering degree in electrical engineering (BSEE or MSEE). MBA is strongly preferred.
- At least 4 years in leading product management with the demonstrated and proven record of success.
- At least 4 years’ experience in UPS and Datacenter.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.