Certified Surgical Tech AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
Location Address: 2600 Bruce B. Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Wesley Chapel
- Possible Sign-on Bonus up to $5,000.
- From state- of- the- art equipment to the most intricate building details, AdventHealth Wesley Chapel was designed from the ground up to maximize healing, patient care and wellness
- Recognized as leader in patient satisfaction and was named Top 100 Hospital in Modern Healthcare Magazine by IBM Watson Health
- 50,000 sq ft community Health & Wellness Center
- Comprehensive women’s health center named Inspiration Place that incorporates female physician specialists, women’s imaging, pelvic floor and female physical therapy and a boutique spa.
- Consistently named a Top Workplace in Tampa Bay by the Tampa Bay Times
- Opened an offsite 24 bed, 24/7 emergency room in Central Pasco to better serve the emergency health needs of residents in west and central Pasco
Full Time Days 40 Hours Per Week. Schedule will be 4x10, 0630-1700. 30 Minute Call Required
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates with the professional nurse in planning for and preparing for surgical procedures in the assigned areas.
• Sets up sterile instruments and supplies and assists the surgeon with instruments, sutures and supplies during the course of surgery.
• Observes and reports to the professional nurse pertinent observations, sterile technique, the patient’s physical condition and doctors’ needs.
• Assists in providing a safe, clean and comfortable environment for patients.
• Demonstrates initiative by performing other functions such as cleaning the room, including the floor, between surgeries.
• Responsible for watching and protecting sterile items and for staying in the assigned sterile area and keeping unsterile people and unsterile objects from contaminating sterile area or self.
• Maintains proper position during all cases so as not to contaminate self and supplies or hamper progress of the surgery.
• Assists in training new OR personnel, as requested.
• Directly responsible for appropriate use of department equipment and supplies required in standard care of patients. Prudent use of equipment, supplies, time and personnel will prevent monetary loss or damage to resources that could be minimal or substantial.
• Complies with department safety policies, procedures and protocol. Responsible to help ensure that the safety and physical well-being of patients, family members, visitors and co-workers are maintained.
• Participates in unit specific and multi-disciplinary Performance Improvement activities at the Hospital/Unit-based level.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
IF OBSTETRICAL DEPARTMENT (BABY PLACE):
• Patient care and assisting patients with activities for daily living including documentation of services.
• Safe transport of patients via wheelchair or stretcher.
• Provides the services of an observer for any patient on a patient care unit who has been assessed to require constant observation in order to maximize his/her safety.
• Performs general receptionist and clerical duties in order to facilitate efficient functioning of the nursing unit.
• The Obstetrical Certified Surgical Tech through communication, requisitioning and management of supplies and equipment, coordinates the activities of the nursing staff, the patient, the physician, other hospital departments and visitors.
• May also assist nursing with patient care, vital signs, hearing screens, blood draws, stocking and ordering items for the units etc.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technology upon hire
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Minimum 1 years’ experience as a scrub technician in a multi-specialty setting preferred
• 1 year of recent endoscopy experience preferred (Surgical Services only)
• Associates Degree in related field preferred
• 1 year of recent OB experience preferred (The Baby Place only)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current American Heart Association BLS required upon hire
• Current Operating Room Technician Certification (CST) required upon hire
• Eight hours of Hip & Knee replacement surgery education within 6 months of hire, then required annually (not required for The Baby Place)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
• Nicotine Policy
• Flu Vaccination Policy
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
Reporting to the Director, the Certified Surgical Tech is responsible for assisting the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. The Certified Surgical Tech maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field. In addition, the Certified Surgical Tech will serve as the scrub for all surgical cases in the department. Scrubs surgical cases and performs tasks as necessary for the efficient and effective functioning of the operating room, as well as the delivery of quality care. Also, performs a variety of non-nursing functions. All duties are performed in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures. The position actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all, while implementing the principles of AdventHealth.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.