We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented IT Infrastructure Project Manager to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
The ideal candidate should have demonstrated 7+ years of experience and knowledge managing large IT Infrastructure Government platforms. This position will oversee a 20+-member team delivering a full breadth of IT services, including infrastructure engineering and operations, operations and maintenance, security, network upgrades, and cloud migration. The Project Manager will collaborate with our customer to leverage leading edge IT solutions to improve their mission effectiveness while continuously seeking opportunities to increase efficiency. This position is responsible for the program’s IT Infrastructure delivery of system monitoring and support, job schedule management, program deliverables, risk management, quality management, and performance management. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the project and will ensure that the technical solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager and direct reports will provide support for both legacy and modernized of networks and systems within the agency and work with our chief engineer in building a solid IT Modernization Roadmap. The IT Infrastructure Project Manager will assist the contract Program Manager in working with the customer and other stakeholders.
• Deliver weekly status reports with consistent SLAs and key performance indicator metrics
• Responsible for a team that will provide UNIX Systems Administration, Windows Systems Administration
• Technical Assistance Center, Active Directory, COTS software support, Desktop support, and GSA Networx/WITS 3, Oracle & Documentum
• Scheduling of operational activities and projects with regards to staff resources
• Provide Infrastructure Support for mission critical applications and systems with team availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at multiple CONUS locations. This Includes on call support after normal business hours and on weekends.
• Oversee the maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting for all network elements; Routers, Wireless Access
• Points and controllers, Switches, Domain Controllers, Security devices, and F5 appliances
• Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning and administration associated with IT infrastructure
• Coaching the IT Infrastructure staff members in their professional development, performing employee
evaluations and stewarding employees through appropriate training courses
• Providing support for audio, video and display systems for classrooms, conference rooms, and hearing rooms.
• Operational documentation and assistance with infrastructure policy and procedure documents
• Participate in Patch and Change Management Boards and internal and external audits
• Bachelor's degree and 10 years experience
• Must be a PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
• 7-10 years of experience in project management
• 1-3 years of experience in program management
• 5-7 years of experience leading: Systems Administration, SAN/NAS Administration, and Virtualization
• 5-7 years of experience leading data backup and recovery systems administration
• 5-7 years of experience leading enterprise grade data centers with racked computer equipment, raised floors, and cable management
• 3-5 years practice with ITIL based change, problem, and incident management processes
• Knowledge of; UNIX Systems Administration, Windows Systems Administration, Technical Assistance
• Must have experience in managing fixed price projects.
• Center, Active Directory, COTS software support (E.g. Microsoft), Desktop support, and GSA Networx/WITS 3
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to initiate, lead, and deliver successful projects through managing teams in a timely manner with
• Negotiation skills with vendors, contractors and service providers
• Ability to organize and motivate staff, including recognition, analysis and change of negative dynamics
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Project Life Cycle
Measure Project Progress
Costs For Projects