To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dixon, IL 61021
- TreeHouse Foods, Inc.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. • Dixon, IL
Posted 4 days ago
Job Posting Title:
Position Title: Plant Planner
Reports To (title): Master Scheduler
Department: Supply Chain
Exempt/Nonexempt Status: Exempt
Effective Date: N/A
The Plant Planner is responsible for coordinating and planning activities related to production and raw materials. The Plant Planner creates and maintains the production schedule based on demand planning, customer orders, internal capacity constraints, and other factors affecting schedule compliance. Responsible for ordering raw materials and maintaining safety stock levels to ensure production goals can be met as planned. A key candidate has project management experience, technical aptitude and likes finding creative solutions to problems across the end to end supply chain. Must ensure efficient production and compliance with all Company quality, safety, and Good Manufacturing Practices policies and procedures.
Job Duties/Tasks as outlined below
- Translates weekly item level master schedule into daily, line / shift level schedule aligning business priorities with plant / operational efficiencies
- Daily communication with operations regarding production schedule and any potential changes, keeping changes to a minimum, maintaining the 7 day frozen schedule policy unless requirements dictate otherwise.
- Utilize systems to proactively identify and communicate key drivers and proposed solutions to service and inventory issues.
- Set-up and maintain systems to facilitate efficient inventory management, customer service, and operational metrics.
- Execute MRP for materials and issue purchase orders to ensure material availability for Operations
- Reviews production schedules needs against inventory levels and storage capacity in order to plan inbound bulk materials to meet operational needs
- Expedites with suppliers or explore alternative solutions to mitigate any know material shortages
- Communicates any known or potential material shortages delays or issues, while also working to develop solutions with suppliers and internal resources.
- Attend the production meeting to report issues and status (twice daily)
- Manages transition of components related to reformulations, redesigns, new product introductions, and item discontinuation.
- Interacts with R&D, Procurement, Scheduling, Sales Planning, Suppliers, and Category Planners to plan and execute smooth transition plans
- Maintains target inventory levels by monitoring inventory levels and appropriately recommends cost-reducing inventory actions to management
- Support Corporate Procurement Managers in the implementation of any Divisional or Plant Cost Savings initiatives
- Responsible for complying with all Food Quality, Food Safety/SQF, and GMP policies and procedures.
- Track and reconcile weekly/monthly metrics versus established targets
- Identify opportunities for optimizing raw, WIP and finished good inventory levels
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office and SAP/ERP experience.
- Good verbal & written communication and presentations skills, with the ability to effectively communicate to various levels of the organization
- Self-starter with flexibility to meet challenging priorities
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to make decisions with imperfect information, coupled with the ability to develop and adhere to strong processes
- Possess a positive and proactive approach to problems and opportunities.
- High School or equivalent required
- High School plus specialized training (min 6mos-2yrs)
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred - Type: Business, Logistics or related field
Minimum Experience Preferred:
- Three to five years related experience in scheduling/purchasing/materials planning is strongly preferred.
- Experience with SAP and APO ERP environment preferred.
- Travel Requirements: Minimal.
- Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/Veterans/Disability
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.