Atterro has an exciting opportunity as a Compensation Specialist onsite at Samsung at their Ridgefield Park, NJ location! This is a long term contract role and offers competitive compensation and benefits
Compensation Specialist Position Summary:
The Compensation Specialist will be responsible for implementing compensation related processes and projects. They will effectively support compensation related systems and projects as assigned. Our qualified candidate must be able to apply a broad knowledge of compensation concepts, to multi-task, keeping several projects and processes moving forward while maintaining a high level of data integrity and system awareness. Candidate must be able to deal with change & ambiguity in a fast paced & innovative environment. Common Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as point of contact and support to Human Resources Business Partners and Talent Acquisition for compensation concerns
• Guide the midyear and annual cycle reviews, including merit adjustments and promotions
• Develop initial compensation offers (external and internal)
• Completion of salary survey submission and analysis
• Conduct ad hoc compensation analyses and provide recommendations for salary adjustments and special awards (e.g., retention, LTIP)
• Conduct compensation competitive assessments to ensure internal equity and alignment with market
• Participate in special compensation projects
• Assist in the development and maintenance of salary structure
• Support the annual LTIP award nomination process and administration of LTIP awards
• Support the team with audits, research and analysis for various incentive compensation-related issues
• Other responsibilities or projects as assigned by management Background/Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent with 6-10 years of directly related experience or Bachelor's Degree with 3-7 years of experience is required.
• Prior experience in compensation, benefits, HRIS and/or general HR policies and practices required.
• Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to HR areas, especially compensation, benefits and employment law preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing proactively with all levels of internal and external personnel including, employees, senior leadership, fellow team members and vendor or agency personnel.
• Proficient in MS Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong prioritization skills also required.
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
• Work is generally performed in an office environment.
• Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time
• Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers, and project management deadlines
• May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule
• May require periodic travel