To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boca Raton, FL
- US Autopost
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director of Entertainment & Activities | Boca Raton Resort & Club
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts • Boca Raton, FL
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Boca Raton Resort and Club is seeking a Director Entertainment & Activities!
A Director Entertainment & Activities is responsible for creating memorable experiences and directing all activities and services related to recreation, entertainment, activities, programming and events in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding member and resort guest service with financial profitability while favorably influencing membership sales and retention.
What will I be doing?
This individual shall be responsible for year-round programming that appeals to a diverse audience that ranges from children, families, singles, couples and seniors with a wide variety of interests; including but not limited to:
- Headline and Variety entertainment
- Nightlife entertainment; bands, DJs and solo musicians
- Music subscription services throughout the resort properties.
- Enrichment; lectures, instructional classes, arts & culture programs
- Traditional membership activities (films, high tea, etc.)
- Holiday programming; entertainment and activities
- Family & Children's events, day camp and activities
• Collaborating with other departments and business partners at the resort to support sales efforts and drive revenues; including but not limited to retail, food & beverage, water sports, Flow House, fitness, spa, golf, tennis, Boca Country Club and Boca Beach Club.
• Special events
- The Director of Entertainment & Activities shall partner with the Resort Marketing & Public Relations Department as well as the Club Member Marketing Department to ensure the programs are communicated to all prospective members and resort guests. This position plays a critical role in overseeing the development of marketing materials to properly convey these Resort experiences. Relevant media includes:
• Resort and Boca Country Cub Websites
- Club Essential member application
- Boca Club Life Magazine
- Email marketing
- Push notifications/virtual concierge messaging
- Print, posters & flyers
- Electronic reader boards / digital marketing displays
The Director of Entertainment & Activities shall act occasionally as a Master of Ceremonies to facilitate events, meet and greet Members, VIP's and other Resort special events.
The Director of Entertainment & Activities is a key member of the club operations team, acting as an ambassador for the Membership and the Resort & Club experience.
The Director of Entertainment & Activities must recruit, interview and train team members and monitor/develop department head(s) and team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling, evaluations and delivering recognition and rewards
Monitor and assess service quality and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues, perform service recovery and make improvements accordingly.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!