Working under minimal supervision, the Accounting Supervisor is responsible for all financial and accounting activities, supervising and mentoring two direct reports. The Accounting Supervisor will also be involved in the implementation of new improvement projects/leading activities and/or personnel in the general accounting department. Primary Responsibilities:
- Responsible for monthly and yearly close including prepare and key journal entries, reconcile accounts, and other key accounting duties.
- Organize useful financial data into clear and effective information; maintain and update records
- Supervise direct reports (A/P Specialist and A/R Specialist).
- Support both external and internal audits. Ensure auditors have all required information and data.
- Meets regularly with department heads to keep informed and to offer direction.
- Provide proactive financial data and analysis to management for timely managerial decisions and controls
- Track the progress of financial and accounting objectives and metrics.
- Develops, reviews, revises as necessary and implements internal accounting processes, procedures, and policies and ensures alignment with organizational policies and goals.
- Recommend improvements to ensure effective and efficient departmental operations.
- Reviews all payment proposals and ensure all organizational policies and procedures are complied with including signatory authority and monetary limits prior to payment disbursement.
- Reviews daily AP/AR transactions.
- Prepares bank reconciliations for all site accounts.
- Reviews site General Ledger transactions.
- Ensure financial compliance to Local, State, and Federal Government tax laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, Sarbanes Oxley 404 requirements and safeguarding assets.
- Assist in other duties and special projects as assigned
Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilizedRequirements:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years' experience in financial management/accounting with demonstrated levels of increased responsibility
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP Project accounting experience a plus
- Strong MS Excel experience
- Ability to perform duties and responsibilities promptly and consistently with little or no direct supervision
- Objectively appraise and analyze the qualifications and performance of others as well as the ability to plan and direct their activities; and to judge the appropriate action in response to changes, circumstances or problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles