To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Plata, MD 20646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Community Health Specialist
University of Maryland Medical System • La Plata, MD
Posted 2 months ago
The University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center (UM CRMC) located in one of the fastest growing counties in Maryland, Charles County is a charming community steeped in culture and history — and UM CRMC is in the heart of it all. UM Charles Regional has provided excellence in acute health care and preventive services in Charles County and the surrounding communities for more than 80 years. UM CRMC is a 109-bed medical center, with 423 medical staff delivering compassionate, award-winning care. In 2017, to keep pace with rapid changes in medical care and technology, UM CRMC opened the new Medical Pavilion in North La Plata, offering sports and orthopedic rehabilitation, an imaging center and primary care services.
Be a Part of Something Greater!Job Summary
The Community Health Specialist assists with the development and implementation of community health strategies and initiatives, providing coordination and support of the community health team. Specialists will assist in managing community outreach projects including communications, special events planning and other related activities.
- Assesses the health needs of the communities served by UMMS affiliate through collaboration with community, government, and other agencies to conduct formal needs assessments focusing on vulnerable and underserved populations.
- Reviews current local and national trends related to public health and community health improvement and emerging health issues for program planning and communication to the community.
- Develops organization-wide specific community health priorities and implementation plans. Plans, develops, and evaluates appropriate community health programs based on the identified community needs.
- Oversees community health outreach programs and maintains an inventory of all existing community programs and services.
- Collaborates with other UMMS entities to cascade system priorities and objectives at a local level.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with major community organizations, public health departments, community health agencies, and area public educational systems.
- Measures the effectiveness of community benefits programs designed to improve the health status of target communities served.
- Manages the accounting and reporting of community benefit activities collaborating with departments and functions that are required to complete state and federal reporting of community benefit activities.
- Assures compliance with state and federal regulations related to community benefits programming.
- Prepares an integrated annual community benefit report and communicates activities to key internal audiences and external constituencies.
- Identifies and pursues grant opportunities to sustain health promotion initiatives.
- Develops and coordinates content for public web site dedicated to community outreach.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or at least 1-2 years experience and training in a health related field – i.e. health education, nutrition, exercise science.
- Two (2) to five (5) years of related or internship experience preferred.
- Current CPR experience and/or Emergency First Aid training preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.