ITS ConGlobal is the industry-leading provider of intermodal rail terminal services, auto loading and unloading and container depot services. We take pride in consistently delivering superior and reliable service, a broad scope of services and an exemplary safety record. We’re currently seeking a Manager-in-Training.
A manager- in-training (MIT) works under the supervision of regional and local management, to acquire the essential knowledge to become future leaders. MITs will rotate to different company departments (e.g. depot yard, shop, administration) to learn all company functions, policies, and staff duties. MITs will learn how to identify and apply important strategies and business processes to understand how the company operates and get to know the inner workings of the company and will support our management team with daily tasks.
As MIT, you will will receive certifications in industry related fields- such as IICL, brake inspector, lift operations, and FMCSA.
Additionally you will learn to contribute to strategic planning and help evaluate employee and location performance.
This position is best suited for candidates who want to gain valuable experience in a managerial role with advancement potential.
As MIT, you will:
- Support managers by completing daily tasks and administrative backing
- Learn company’s customer base
- Develop proficiency with heavy machinery common in the industry (lifts, jockey trucks)
- Understand each department’s daily processes and goals
- Become familiar with personnel duties and responsibilities
- Participate in company’s strategic planning
- Assist managers in recording production and evaluating performance
- Learn how to read and use P&L
- Research ways to increase profitability and lower risk
- Experience in Management or Depot or Intermodal Repair Industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- Excellent math and computational ability
- Effective communication skills
- Business Processes
- Heavy Equipment
- Logistics Operations