You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Software Engineer - WPF (Open to Remote)
BE A MAKER
At Simpson Strong-Tie, there’s a common thread connecting the people who work here: the drive to make things better and figure out how to get it done. We call it the Maker mindset. For over 60 years, our employees have fostered a collaborative workplace where people are engaged in creative thinking from the first day on the job onward. No matter what role you’re in — from production, to sales, to engineering — you’ll contribute to the growth and success of the company by having a Maker mindset.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that's what we value. When there's a win, we'll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
You'll work alongside talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all contributing to our shared mission: to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures. It's this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for development of industry leading software applications and services for the building industry. That’s year one. If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer - WPF (Open to Remote) YOU’LL BE DOING (% of Time)
Design and develop applications and services with a small scrum team that focuses on next generation design and management tools for component manufacturers in the wood structure building ecosystem. Development will primarily be in C# for Microsoft desktop technologies utilizing .NET technologies, MVVM/MVC, WPF, and SQL (85%).
Participate in Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives as part of the Agile Scrum software development lifecycle. (15%)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technology, information systems or software engineering course of study or relevant experience required.
- 4+ years relevant software development experience required.
- Ability to design and develop complex client server software.
- Accomplished in developing high quality, clean, testable code.
- Ability to diligently attend to details and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks in a timely manner.
- Willingness to learn and utilize new technologies.
- Communicate well, both verbally and in writing, creating accurate documentation, sharing information and ideas with others
- Ability to build and sustain cooperative working relationships.
- Pluses include any experience with:
- Web application development experience and or learning desire.
- Agile development
- Git source control
- Azure development
- Building industry experience
This job requires 0% domestic travel.
WORK STATUS & LOCATION
This full-time, exempt position is located in Boulder, Colorado or remote with availability during core hours of 9am to 4pm MT. Posted pay range is based upon national average and may vary depending on geographical work location.
Relocation is not available for this position.
$78000 - $109500 / year
REWARDS AT SIMPSON STRONG-TIE
We recognize and reward employees with a carefully designed and comprehensive rewards package, including competitive compensation, quarterly bonuses or commission and first-rate benefits. May exclude some positions, such as seasonal jobs.
- Quarterly Bonuses/Commission: You will be eligible for either a bonus or commission, paid on a quarterly basis. We believeall employees affect customers, sales and revenue — directly or indirectly – and should be rewarded by sharing the company profits.
- Benefits: We provide a wide range of benefits for eligible full-time employees including: medical, dental, vision, retirement contributions, employee stock purchase and bonus plans, pay for holidays, vacation, sick days, funerals and jury duty, years of service awards, employee discounts, employee referral bonuses, charitable contribution matching, education reimbursement and more.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test. Simpson Strong-Tie’s drug policy is based upon Federal Law, and therefore will screen applicants for amphetamines, including methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana/THC, phencyclidine, and opiates.
#NowHiring #GetHired #Hiring #HiringNow
- .Net Framework
- Agile Methodology
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Client Server Models
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: LI19-gbu5vxe
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.