Our People & Places Solutions business - reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do - the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology - we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we're not just building structures; we're helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their state-of-the-art facilities that are changing our world.
We're looking for an experienced and collaborative Construction Site Superintendent in Hillsboro, OR, who thrives when people are in sync and construction projects are running as they should. You'll take the lead on daily scheduling and planning activities at the project site and ensure that suitable materials, equipment, and people are there to complete the job. Most importantly, you'll take action to ensure the safety, health, and well-being of your team and our planet. As a passionate leader, you'll leverage your people management skills to help your team members discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose and guiding them forward. Your role keeps our company connected, and we'll support you with what you need to be successful.
Bring your curiosity, passion for innovation, and talent for multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. We'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what inspires you - so we can significantly impact the world together.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams as we work to build a company like no other.
* Training new staff on site Work Control Procedures, Best Known Methods, and Safety Protocols be a leading resource for more unique staff
* System routing coordination to ensure adherence to established routing zones
* Building maintenance and repair requests to support Tool Install activities
* Material Re-use Coordination
* Coordinate activity between Tool Install, Logistics, Space Management, and Base build Construction Teams.
* Planning and allocating team management resources to meet changing and evolving project needs
* Analytical design review and critique, incorporating observations of field realities, past learnings
* Interact with the client's project manager to ensure performance against schedule and address program-wide issues at the 30,000 ft level
* Resource leveling - Assessing critical priority projects to reallocate limited resources to
* Read/Interpret engineering drawings
* Implementation of schedule/scope/budget
* Field tracking of trade contractor and facilities progress against schedule.
* Interaction with all stakeholders to remove obstacles to progress against the plan
* Planning and supervision of arranged factory downtimes and interruptions to production to enable invasive construction activities in operating factories
* Field supervision of trades and other stakeholders to ensure safety on the project - safe work behaviors, adherence to site and industry safety policies
* Management of installation, conversion, and demolition of multiple production machinery to re-tool factories for production upgrades
* Planning of capital equipment moves and deliveries with rigging trades
* Attend team planning and collaboration meetings to ensure critical tasks and handovers are accounted for and completed
Here's What You'll Need:
* Degree in Cconstruction Management/Engineering preferred
* at least ten (10) years experience in manufacturing and construction
Ideally, you'll also have the following:
* Experience in semiconductor
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.