Jacobs is the world’s top supplier of automotive test facilities, providing a full range of services to commercial automotive industry customers. Customers include not only the world’s major vehicle providers and other original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), but also clients from the international motor sports community.
Our experience encompasses virtually every type of automotive test facility, including climatic and driveability wind tunnels; aerodynamic, acoustic, and thermodynamic wind tunnels; emissions test rooms; soak rooms; altitude chambers; engine and powertrain test cells; and electromagnetic anechoic chambers. We not only design and build these facility systems assets but also operate, maintain, and manage these facilities.
Check out this video to find out more about Jacobs!
[ Link removed ]
BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Web Application Developer you will deliver and support applications and tools that improve the efficiency of operational processes/workflows, request and resource management within a test laboratory or prototype planning engineering environment.
Responsibilities may include:
- Conceptualizing, planning, designing, developing, testing, launching, and/or maintaining web-based applications. Apply strong business process modelling, project management and programming skills to satisfy the needs of users such as technicians, engineers, planners and managers.
- You will rely on effective communication skills and technical savvy to plan, coordinate and complete a variety of often complex assignments both independently and as a member of a team.
- Drive for results, creativity, resourcefulness, self-motivation, and versatility will be rewarded.
In this position, you are a full-time employee of Jacobs. This is NOT a contract position. You will be eligible for our generous benefit package, including health insurance, dental, vision, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K, stock purchase plan, and tuition reimbursement.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or equivalent. Software Engineering or Application Development emphasis is preferred but not required.
- One to two years of related progressive experience OR additional certifications OR an MS degree
- The ideal candidate has experience and passion for conceptualizing, designing, developing and/or delivering efficient tools and applications in support of operations or other structured business processes.
- General coding or scripting experience (2 years desired)
- Database planning, creation & modification including SQL experience (2 years desired)
- MS Office Applications used for planning and communication within a team and among work partners.
- Visual Basic/VBA or Mobile application development experience a plus
- Technical/engineering training or experience, especially in a test laboratory or prototype engineering environment is a plus.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
- Hyper Text Markup Language (Html)
- Java Script (Programming Language)
- Cascading Style Sheets (Css)
- Ajax (Programming Language)
- Cold Fusion
- Prototype (Computer Science)