Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Packaging Engineer for a 12 month + contract.
Develops and designs packaging equipment and materials for safe, convenient and compliant transport of goods under a variety of conditions. Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to determine the required type of packaging materials and to maximize convenience, utility and function based on the product's physical characteristics, safety and special-handling requirements. Evaluates packaging and transporting methods and procedures to ensure compliance with safety and quality standards. Evaluates and recommends efficient packing procedures, innovations in packaging materials, and utilization of sealing and fastening devices. This is an individual contributor role that requires the use of judgement in applying professional expertise and is expected to work independently with minimal supervision. Roles typically require a university degree or an extensive amount of practical knowledge gained through experience. Job requires an understanding and application of procedures and concepts of own discipline. The job requires attention to detail in making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. This job typically requires a degree or equivalent and a minimum of 2 or more years experience.
This engineer will form part of a dynamic team to update the packaging design files to comply with the requirements of EUMDR. They will support and deliver on projects for the life cycle process (post launch assess phase) for legacy product packaging design by providing technical support for our internal Customer network. This includes the ownership of any packaging design related issues such as PER’s, NCR’s and CAPA’s and leading such exercises as consolidation activities and other package design cost reduction projects. This will ensure we continue to provide high quality, cost effective and fully compliant Medical Device packaging to our Customers,
Additional Job Details:
**Team is currently remote for most of their work due to COVID . Return to office is TBD. However, the role will require the engineer to come into the office and packaging lab on occasion. The ideal candidate would have 3 years' experience in packaging design for medical devices or for a product in a regulated environment.**
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Lead the post launch assess phase activities of all product packaging design solutions for Recon products.
• Provide technical support to both the Quality Assurance and Regulatory teams to help investigate and recommend solutions to any package / labelling design related issues and the completion of technical assessments where applicable.
• Own all package design related NCR/CAPA’s for the Packaging Solutions Group and ensure timely closure of all issue in line with corporate guidelines.
• Take the VOC (voice of the customer) for packaging be it through a request for change, complaint (PER) or general inquiry etc. and transfer it into appropriate action with regards packaging design ensuring proactive and satisfactory closure with the customer
• Completion of the associated risk documentation for Packaging.
• Provide technical support to Packaging Operations to help troubleshoot, investigate, and recommend solutions to any package / labelling design related issues.
• Provide technical support to the Supply Chain team on any package / labelling design related supplier issues or re-sourcing activities.
• Interface with the Global PSE Packaging Group and other PSE team members both locally and globally, Quality Assurance / Regulatory and Operations Teams to ensure equivalency of approach in Equipment, Processes and Validation techniques.
• Expected to lead and provide strategic direction and support to the PSE Packaging Solutions Group.
• Provide direction to other members of the PSE Packaging Group in complex or difficult situations, address obstacles, identify resource needs and interact with other areas of the business to assist team in overcoming problems and streamlining the work process.
• Provide strategic direction in relevant areas of responsibility on packaging development and new process efforts. Assist in the establishment of priorities, imparting a sense of urgency and importance to effective project management and delivery of projects to the market on time and within the right cost structure.
• Model team values and demonstrate enthusiasm and commitment to the PSE Packaging Groups organizational vision, high degree of participation in problem solving and decision making both locally and globally.
• Provide mentoring where applicable to the other members of the PSE Packaging Group
• All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE SKILLS:
• Degree or Higher in Engineering, Science or Business discipline is essential.
• The individual must have a minimum of 5-10 years relevant packaging experience within a regulated environment.
• Business understanding of operations and their individual impact is essential.
• Strong communication skills with both Internal and external agents.
• Flexibility essential with strong project management skills.
• The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results motivated team based.
• Self starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• PC literate and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools are essential.