To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo Grove, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Customer Service Representative
Apex Systems • Buffalo Grove, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Medical Customer Service Representative Opportunity!!
Apex Systems is currently looking to hire Medical Customer Service Representatives in Buffalo Grove, IL! Please email an updated resume to email@example.com if you are interested. Thank you!
Location: Buffalo Grove, Illinois 60089
Start Date: 05/13/2019
Training Hours: 8:00AM – 4:30PM, Mon – Fri (1 week) ***Attendance is very important!***
Hours: Mentoring and permanent shift (8 hour shift) will be between 7:00AM – 8:00PM, Mon – Fri and 8:00AM – 3:00PM, Sat. Please list shift restrictions on the resume.
***High volume call center (100 calls per day)!***
Effective delivery of company products and services (40%)
- Responds to telephone inquiries and orders from homecare patients and referral sources.
- Provides information on equipment, supplies and services. Determines the best method for providing services.
May assist walk-in patients with the selection of equipment, supplies and services. Timely processing/facilitation of patient orders (30%)
- Processes telephone orders by preparing patient paperwork.
- Verifies insurance and/or other method of payment.
- Completes all necessary paperwork in an accurate and efficient manner to facilitate the data entry, accounts receivable and delivery of the order placed.
- May perform data entry.
- Distributes copies of paperwork to appropriate personnel.
- May assist with the processing of billing paperwork.
Effective coordination of patient services/supplies (10%)
- Coordinates the delivery, set-up and pick-up of equipment, supplies and services with appropriate personnel.
- Ensures deliveries and set-ups can be arranged in a timely manner.
Appropriate documentation (10%)
- Accurately maintains files of all patient account profile information and referral source data.
Customer satisfaction (10%)
- Resolves patient complaints by identifying problems and coordinating appropriate corrective action.
Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and 3rd party vendors is a plus. The primary responsibilities are to verify insurance coverage for potential new clients. Additionally, this person will re-verify insurance coverage for existing patients in order to process patient prescription needs successly and demonstrate excellent customer services to patients, healthcare professionals, and insurance carriers. This role will require an understanding of insurance concepts, including drug cards, major medical benefits, and per diem coverage, as well as knowledge of government and patient assistance programs. Strong attention to detail, and proven analytic and problem solving.
- Minimum of 1 year in a customer service or call center environment (call center type environments preferred, if doctor's office then anything below managing 75 calls/day would not translate to similar environment).
- Must have effective and empathetic communication style in managing inbound calls and communications with clients and team members.
- Computer experience is required with proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Basic alpha number data entry skills with attention to accuracy and quality is essential.
- Intermediate math skills are required with attention to detail and quality essential.
- Experience in a health care setting or insurance industry is a plus, including knowledge of basic insurance and third party terms and medical terminology.
- Ability to work with people in a team environment while meeting individual performance goals.
- Must be able to read and interpret policies, procedures and instructions.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize a fluctuating workload and competing priorities is essential.
Education: Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.
Once again if interested send updated copy of resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178