Founded in 1971, Dialysis Clinic, Inc. (DCI) remains the nation’s largest non-profit dialysis provider. With a team of approximately 5,000 talented and caring employees serving across the United States, DCI provides care to nearly 15,000 patients on dialysis and 3,500 patients with chronic kidney disease. We offer a variety of services including in-center hemodialysis, home hemodialysis, and peritoneal dialysis (PD). Each position within DCI, from billers to administrators to nursing staff, contributes toward the goal of providing excellent patient care. Our staff has helped DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row.
The Clinical Laboratory Assistant performs assigned accessioning duties involving the opening, labeling, and distribution of incoming patient samples. Enters all sample request information into the LMS system and checks the accuracy of data entry information. Performs other non-technical and non-laboratory functions as assigned by the department supervisor.
This position is full-time, 4 days @ 10 hour/day with rotating Saturdays.
Accessioning duties (as assigned):
- Performs assigned, non-technical accessioning and specimen processing duties according to department procedures, such as opening sample boxes/containers, matching samples with requested test, matching requisitions with doctors orders, labeling samples with accession numbers, preparing samples and separating and distributing samples to departments.
- Enters clinic, patient's name or water name, test requested, reason for ordering test, and other pertinent information into the LMS (manual and barcode entry).
- Checks the computer log against the requisitions to detect any data entry error.
- Corrects accessioning data entry errors.
- Identifies reference samples, packages samples for shipping or local courier, and completes appropriate requisitions and documentation.
- Prints and mails assigned reports from the LMS.
- Mails assigned reports from the reference laboratory.
- Performs assigned filing, clerical, and computer related duties, including OnBase scanning.
- Corrects all sample department problems. When assigned, contacts clinic about sample problems.
- Identifies samples that should be rejected.
Laboratory Aide Duties (as assigned):
- Performs assigned, non-technical specimen processing duties according to department procedures, such as labeling or bar-coding samples, checking for clots, etc., pouring samples into analysis vessels, or arranging samples for analysis.
- Performs and documents tasks to department QC and maintenance, such as temperature checks, stocking reagents, work area cleaning and disinfections, discarding old samples, and any other assigned, non-technical duties.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are having difficulty using the online application system or would like to request other accommodations or application methods, please contact Doug Patterson at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Clinical Laboratory Assistant or
. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations where possible.
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Clinical Laboratory Assistant.
Product Quality Assurance