To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Intelligence Developer
Benchmark Electronics, Inc. • Tempe, AZ
Posted 3 days ago
Job ID(Requisition ID):
We are a leading provider of comprehensive design and manufacturing solutions to customers on a global basis. With locations across the Americas, Europe and Asia, Benchmark consistently delivers the highest level of market-focused services and turnkey solutions wherever our customers need them. We have a strategically located design engineering center in each of the three key regions and full precision mechanical manufacturing capabilities, both in the Americas and Asia.
Essential Functions and Competencies
• Proficiency in the analysis and support of Business Intelligence & Analytics products and platforms including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations, data modeling, dashboards, and interactive reports.
• Perform detailed systems, business and data analysis as preparation for implementation of complex BI projects.
• Assist with creation of functional and technical specifications.
• Develop and test database programming components including, but not limited to, stored procedures, user defined functions, and triggers to support data warehouse batch processes as well as enterprise data integration.
• Provide production support of BI applications and systems.
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Document system requirements, design, testing methods, validation protocols and other items as necessary.
• Should possess the ability to approach deliverables with a macro-perspective and able to understand business needs and requirements when delivering their technical solutions.
• Proficient skills in interpreting, diagnosing and developing software programs.
• Effective organization and prioritization skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
• Must be able to write, read, and verbalize English at a fluent level.
• Familiar with SOX controls and change management processes and Data Governance processes.
• Knowledge of effective testing practices and methodologies.
• Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required.
• Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality, independent judgment and professionalism when representing the company.
• Ability to work individually and in teams.
• Participate in a continuous improvement activity with complete documentation including a follow up review with the team in a presentation format.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, including day and overnight travel as required.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer will be responsible for contributing to the development, test, maintenance, and enhancement of all BI applications including Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), SSRS and Power BI providing specialized technical expertise to BI projects.
• Highly proficient in Power BI. Will also consider those with equivalent OLAP/MOLAP experience in similar technologies including Tableau, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Analysis/Integration/Reporting Services (SSAS/SSIS/SSRS) and PerformancePoint.
• In-depth knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and techniques.
• Solid skills of database and related tools and applications, to include SQL Server RDBMS, T-SQL, SSRS, PowerQuery (M-language) and DAX.
• In-depth knowledge Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience working with systems that handle sensitive, business critical data.
• Good functional knowledge on processes to resolve business problems and translate to technology solutions.
• Ability to define and execute appropriate test scenarios to validate system solutions.
• Experience working with SQL Server 2008, 2012 or later.
• Oracle Relational database knowledge and experience is a plus.
• Experience with Azure databases is a plus.
• Experience with Infor LN ERP and related applications is a plus.
• 4-year technology degree.
• 5+ years of experience working with relational databases.
• 5+ years of experience working as a programmer/database developer.
• Minimum 2+ years of experience with Power BI
Send this job to a friend
Send this job description to a friend by email. All the relevant details will be included in the message.
Attention Search Agencies
Please note that we are not accepting agency phone calls or referrals regarding position vacancies. Third parties should not submit resumes on this site or to Benchmark employees directly. If the decision is made to engage the services of a search agency, we only work with organizations on our preferred vendor list with whom we have a written agreement. If you would like to be considered for this list in the future please contact the local Human Resource office.