Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals as well as a Level I trauma center. Hartford Hospital is on the cutting edge of technology & medical care and is home to the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. Housing the Northeast’s largest robotic surgery center, committed to becoming the best in the country for patient safety and is pursuing that goal by taking innovative action and creating a culture of safety at every level within the organization.
The community Liaison Nurse is responsible for creating a presence within the community for the follow-up care of patients at risk for re-admission. They will provide preventative health education in community-based programs. Serving as a mentor for students in the community considering a career in
Nursing. This position is a visible and consistent presence of the hospital in the community through a Hartford Hospital nursing professional. Reports to Service Director.
• Organizes and/or supports existing health screenings, health fairs and information sessions within the city’s community centers, schools, places of worship and work-settings with an emphasis on reaching under-served populations. Promotes preventative health management with a focus on stroke prevention, management of hypertension, diabetes and other chronic diseases.
• Represents Hartford Hospital in community groups that are planning health initiatives i.e. increasing availability of health screenings and education programs in underserved communities.
• Provides follow-up to patients who are discharged from the hospital and who may have barriers to access through phone calls and/or home visits to educate patients on their health care needs and support compliance to health plan
• Assists patients who are discharged with insulin in the immediate Hartford area to enroll in out-patient diabetes classes, obtain necessary supplies for glucose control, assess ability to manage self-care and access medical appointments.
• Partners with community groups to assess leading health education needs such as collaborates with existing programs and/or develop new instructional programs on disease prevention specific to the community’s needs: examples include diabetes, hypertension, nutrition and injury prevention.
• Establishes partnerships with Hartford city schools to introduce students to careers in healthcare at Hartford Hospital.
• Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs (e.g. Pediatrics, Adolescents, and geriatrics).
• RN CT License. BSN required
• Minimum 5 years clinical nursing which includes med/surg acute care experience required. Two years’ experience with community health fairs and screenings.
• Demonstrated ability to establish trust within the community and its organization
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.