The Operations Analysis and Performance division is seeking a leader to develop and lead a highly effective analytical team that delivers strong strategic, operational, and financial results. Operations Analysis and Performance is a high-energy, high-visibility data analytics organization that is embedded within the operational divisions at Delta to drive continuous improvement in operational performance, financial performance, and employee satisfaction through robust data analysis, data visualization, data strategy development, and leveraging new tools and technology.
To be successful, you will embody Delta's core values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Perseverance, and Servant Leadership. Additionally, you will exhibit strategic vision, thoughtful engagement, strong analytical/process skills, a bias for action, and the ability to partner with senior operational leaders to influence strategy, improve the Delta customer experience, improve operational reliability, and drive results.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Lead and develop a team of 6 data analytics professionals
- Coordinate goal-setting and other cross-divisional projects driving consistency in the application of data as a management system through standardized reporting and analysis
- Improve the effectiveness and ROI of capital expense deployment for operations
- Work collaboratively with teammates and other divisional stakeholders to drive improvement in the overall analytical support of Delta operations worldwide
- Influence, participate, and leverage the development of new data sources to provide new perspectives of performance and identify new opportunities for continuous improvement
- Establish expectations and priorities, monitor performance, coach and develop team members, and create a positive, dynamic and collaborative work environment
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- Embrace diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently make safety and security, of self and others, the priority
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Possess strong business acumen, statistical, analytical, and problem-solving skills, and able to manage complex processes with cross-functional teams
- Demonstrate excellent written, presentation, and verbal skills, with the ability to produce concise, relevant, strategically driven documents and presentations for senior leaders
- Be a strong team player, detail oriented, and perform well under pressure
- Convey a professional image with ability to lead, manage, and communicate to all levels within the organization, including Executive Leadership
- Influence without authority and work in a matrix environment required
- Effectively manage and deliver on many projects at once within strict deadlines is required
- Be able to develop a vision, strategy, and objectives for a team and motivate and lead team to accomplish objectives
- Well-versed in MS Office and experience with advanced analytical software, such as Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Previous experience with customer insight analytics.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Previous experience leading and mentoring direct reports preferred.
#DICE - provided by Dice
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Commercial Awareness