OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
FOX is proud to support a culture of creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and community that attracts the industry's brightest talent. The FOX Technology Internship Program is for motivated college students who are passionate about technology and the media industry. Interns are paid to gain real-world work experience with guidance from top news professionals. Interns are assigned to a department that matches their skill set, work experience, and career aspirations.
* Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree during the length of the program
* Current class standing of sophomore, (second-year college student) or above
* Strong academic record (minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA)
* Committed and available to work for the entire length of the program
* Must be able to work on-site in Los Angeles, CA, or New York, NY, or remotely within the United States
STUDENTS SELECTED TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE INTERVIEW PROCESS:
* Must demonstrate knowledge of company and media industry
* Submit a 1-page resume (PDF preferred)
* Submit a cover letter (PDF Preferred)
* Explain why your background and experience make you a good fit for our program this Summer
* Share your top areas of interest
STUDENTS ACCEPTED INTO THE SUMMER 2023 PROGRAM:
* Are required to provide a copy of an unofficial transcript or letter from adviser/registrar showing proof of enrollment and GPA
AREAS OF PLACEMENT:
You will be considered for an internship based on the content of your cover letter and your prior experience and interests, as determined during the recruitment process. Area of placement may include (but are not limited to):
* Business Analytics
* Broadcast Engineering
* Data Platforms
* Delivery and Outcomes
* Electrical Engineering
* Information Technology
* Video Platforms
SUMMER 2023 SCHEDULE:
* General Application Deadline: Sunday, February 12, 2023
* Summer Program: Eight weeks starting Monday, June 5, 2023 or Tuesday, June 20, 2023
* Scheduled Weekly Hours: 32-40 hours per week
* NOTE: Schedules vary based on department needs and your availability.
STANDING OUT AS A TOP CANDIDATE:
Successful students have:
* Knowledge of the company and news/media industry
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Strong understanding of current events on a national scale
* Preferred Majors in Production (Film or Television), Electrical Engineering, Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Management Information Systems, and Business Administration
* Knowledge of software systems and programs relevant to your desired area of placement. For example:
* Technology - HTML, Python, Java, SQL, Tableau
* The ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
* The ability to work well on teams and collaborative efforts
* A self-starter attitude and pro-active nature
* Strong attention to detail
* FOX Master Classes: A variety of presentations, panels, discussions, and trainings geared toward advancing your knowledge of our company, industry, and software systems
* Professional Development Series: A variety of activities geared toward enhancing your professional development
* Networking Opportunities: Numerous opportunities to connect with fellow interns and other professionals within the company
* Get Published: Showcase your skills and build your portfolio by pitching stories, writing, and producing for our online properties
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $17.50-18.00 per hour.
- Apache Spark
- Applied Mathematics
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration
- Business Informatics
- Cladding (Construction)