Only Those with a Passion to Change Lives Qualify.
At Southern Careers Institute (SCI), the core of what we do is passion. We're passionate about putting our students first to help improve their lives through education and career training. It's this passion that drives everything we do, and if you feel you have it burning in your belly, we want to talk.
Director of Financial Aid
We call it being a life changer, but you'll call it a job you love while helping others find the same. You'll have a hand in improving the lives of countless SCI students throughout Texas by working with impassioned educators and campus faculty in a collaborative, interactive environment to create optimized environment for our students.
As the Director of Financial Aid, you will plan, organize and supervise the Financial Aid department to administer federal, state, and institutional financial aid funds and services. You will also perform standard financial aid duties such as needs analysis, verification, loan processing, and satisfactory academic progress monitoring.
What you can expect when joining SCI:
- Training & Development
- Fun & Energetic, Family-Based Environment
- Continuous Growth Opportunities
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Options
- Health Savings & Flexible Spending Options (HSA & FSA)
- Basic Life & Accident Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability
- 401K Retirement Plan
- SCI is an Equal Opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* Manage and supervise all financial aid processes for awarding student loans, grants, and scholarship packages;
* Direct financial aid strategies within the framework of federal and state regulations that are consistent with the enrollment management objectives of the Institute and by administering financial aid, scholarships and student employment programs that support student recruitment and retention;
* Oversee all administrative functions of the Financial Aid department by supervising, providing ongoing professional development opportunities, and evaluating all employees;
* Implement corporate policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations and Institute policies related to financial aid and scholarships;
* Coordinate and manage all financial aid programs, ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and institutional financial aid regulations, policies, and procedures;
* Monitor, approve, and/or revise all financial aid packaging for all qualified applicants in accordance with federal, state, institutional, and other policies and procedures;
* Contribute to student satisfaction through delivery of quality customer service in all aspects of the administration of financial aid and student employment services;
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (Master's degree preferred) in student personnel or related area and a minimum of three years of increased administrative responsibilities for financial aid programs at an educational institution or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of federal, state, and institutional financial aid programs;
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse student body;
- Experience with need analysis, counseling, and packaging aid.
About Southern Careers Institute
SCI has been changing lives for over 50 years, now and we're just getting started. We offer certification-based training with programs in Medical, Business, Cosmetology, Skilled-Trades and Technology with campuses spanning across central and south Texas as well as online. Our students can graduate most of our programs in under one year and with real-world experience under their belt.