Location: Dulles, VA
Schedule: 40 hours / week
Culture: Team-based, agile environment that values collaborative mindsets and excellent communication
• Free parking
• Flexible regular business hours
• Supports exciting, top secret, in-demand programs
• Long-term opportunity (stability)
If interested, please send an updated resume to Sarah St.Martin at URL blocked - click to apply and the best times to discuss.
Overview: Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing and technology services firm, has an immediate opening for a Scheduler to sit on-site in Dulles, VA.
- Lead planning and development of schedules.
- Prepare, develop and coordinate the ancillary integrated master schedules to meet all program objectives.
- Ensure all ancillary schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality.
- Work with Control Account Managers to track plans and schedules, perform risk analysis, identify and resolve critical path and network logic conflicts.
- Utilize Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project established management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas.
- Produce documentation for and conduct executive management reviews
- Provide regular oral and written communication on status and issues to the Program Manager.
- Assist Program Manager in the organization and planning of resources to support specific work scope and manage execution by maintaining contact with key stakeholders and awareness of resources skills and experience
- Maintain, delegate and prioritize action items
Required / Basic Quals:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Project, scheduling, and schedule baseline management.
- Excellent communicator with ability to drive cross functional teams to action when working in a matrix organization.
- Experience using EVMS
- Knowledge of basic project management methodologies
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills (Word, Project, PowerPoint and Excel)
- US Citizenship required
- Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of relevant professional experience - OR – Associates Degree with 8 years of relevant professional experience - OR – H.S. diploma and 10 years of relevant professional experience. An additional 4 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Active TS/SCI clearance
security clearance as a condition of employment
***As a contract employee of Apex Systems, you are eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Shorter Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay Periods; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts / Perks and our Referral Program.
***Apex Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Program Evaluation And Review Technique
Earned Value Management