Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
Froedtert South is seeking full-time and part-time certified Neonatology Nurse Practitioners to work at our Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital, previously known as St. Catherine’s Medical Center Campus, located at 9500 76th Street in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin.
Ideal NNP candidates are experts in managing the health care needs of newborns and infants as well as their families. The NNP diagnoses and treats patients in collaboration with Neonatologists, other pediatric physicians, and other healthcare providers, making both independent and interdependent decisions in assessment, diagnosis, management and evaluation of the healthcare needs of neonates and infants. NNPs also select and perform clinically- indicated advanced diagnostic and therapeutic invasive procedures.
- Master’s Degree as a Nurse Practitioner or Doctor of Nurse Practitioner
- Successful completion of a formal nurse practitioner program that prepares neonatal nurse practitioners and awards graduate degrees. The program shall be accredited by a Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE) or National League of Nursing Accrediting Council (NLNAC)
- Registered Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin
- Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber license issued by the State of Wisconsin and
Drug Performance Administration (DEA) registration issued by DEA
- Nurse Practitioner certification issued by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioner (AANP) and/or Nurse Practitioner certification issued by the American Nurse Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- 3-5 years of clinical experience as an RN, and/or, 1-3 years of experience as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner in a level 3 NICU (preferred)
Froedtert South is located conveniently on the Wisconsin/Illinois border just minutes from the interstate. We offer a competitive wage, an excellent benefits package including health, prescription, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement and an employer-matched 403(b) retirement program.
Our state-of-the art level 2 NICU is supported by 24/7 Neonatologist call coverage.
Froedtert South is more than a place to work; it’s a place to grow your career at a financially stable, thriving organization in the rapidly-growing I-94 corridor of Kenosha, Wisconsin. #cb
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Drug Enforcement Agency
Nurse Practitioner Certification