The Director, Global Supply Chain will be responsible for providing strategic direction and oversight of contract manufactured drug substances and drug products. This position is responsible for the identification, selection, and supplier/alliance management of a global supply base which supports the Generics, OTC and Animal Health, business units. Responsible to scan all enterprise sources of supply and ensure suppliers are evaluated and agreements are made using rigorous, systematic approaches and managed with common processes throughout the organization. The incumbent is expected to absorb information quickly and use available tools to identify and exploit opportunities that arise. The incumbent working with business unit stakeholders and leading cross-functional team identifies opportunities, possible sources, negotiate contracts and support qualification process to drive significant contributions to develop a world-class global supply chain. The role requires working with executives of both internal and external parties.
* Define and implement global sourcing strategies that consolidate and optimize both the supplier base and services, while securing the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and access to the highest levels of service and quality.
* Conducts spend analysis and applicable support of business case development.
* Provide Sourcing expertise to senior management for major projects involving the selection, negotiation and acquisition of products, services, proposed acquisition of raw materials, R&D materials, or manufacturing services on a worldwide basis.
* Identify, develop and manage strategic business relationships and gain a comprehensive understanding of business
* Responsibility of sourcing aspects of supply chain management, specifically, the setting of policies and strategies to improve the relationships with all suppliers of the corporation as well as develop integrated programs to remove costs from the acquisition process.
* Work closely with senior R&D management to ensure proper selection, evaluation and acquisition of all research raw materials. This also includes providing research into new and alternate materials
* Assist internal clients to develop and enforce compliance to supplier Service Level Agreements - manage and measure supplier performance.
* Work with Financial Planning & Analysis team and others to gather and assess budget forecasts, further supporting sourcing plans for applicable business functions, plants, etc.
* Educate end-users on Procurement policies and procedures through daily interactions and other defined training programs.
* Develop and implement solutions to Procurement performance & service issues as they arise.
* Be committed to cost control and cost reductions for the company while at the same time maintaining continuous supply of goods and services. Introduce new and innovative ideas for the Procurement of goods and services
* Actively develop and manage supplier performance using key performance indicators and scorecard development, business reviews and effective contract change/dispute management process.
* Lead a cross-functional team of professionals during various sourcing and supplier management initiatives.
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process