Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Automation Technician II
Job Summary: Mesa Energy Systems has an immediate need for an Automation Technician. The Automation Technician I will inspect, test, adjust and repair new or existing electric, electronic, mechanical and pneumatic automation devices and systems. This position will also diagnose the cause of electrical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and perform preventative and corrective maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tests, inspect and adjust sensors, meters, gauges and controllers for accuracy.
- Able to read and identify components on a controls drawing.
- The ability to Identify mechanical equipment on drawings (chillers, boilers, pumps, AHU’s, FCU’s, VAV’s, etc.).
- Understand basic electrical control circuits including 24VAC power and controller input/outputs.
- Understand simple controls networking principles.
- Display knowledge of controls hardware.
- Ability to implementation systems graphics per project scope.
- Replaces defective wiring and tubing.
- Records calibrations made, parts and components used, and inventory of parts on hand.
- Prepares schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alterations made in instruments, circuits, and systems for as-built drawings.
- Monitor, identify and diagnose potential problems using computer workstations and on-site observations.
- Interface with the installation or maintenance team members to execute installations, repairs or modifications of controlled systems and equipment.
- Schedule equipment run times as requested and produce system reports of trends, histories, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical or Mechanical) or equivalent field experience.
- A minimum of four years of relevant experience, with at least two years as a automation technician.
- Working knowledge of at least one HVAC controls systems (Siemens or Distech).
- Knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Engineering skills required include knowledge of electronics, mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics and computer programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with control system architecture design, programming or maintenance desired.
- Good computer skills, understanding of controls networking.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and meet MVR requirements to operate a company vehicle.
- COMPANY requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. COMPANY is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)