To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Quantico, VA 22134
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Quantico, VA
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator (SSA) for our client in Quantico, VA. The SSA shall plan, lead and, if necessary, conduct site-surveys and uses the information acquired to produce a complete delineation of products and services, support equipment, computer, and electronic equipment installations required for the site to fully support mission operations.
The SSA shall plan, direct, and if necessary, conduct regular, special, and integrated system test programs. The SSA shall prepare and conduct special reports and presentations that contain actionable information, which is pertinent to individual site operations. The SSA shall conduct integrated equipment system test. The SSA shall plan, prepare and conduct on the job training to FBI and junior personnel, as required. The SSA shall coordinate with other field engineers to the benefit of the FBI and specifically, ONTU. The SSA shall support the unit with other duties as assigned within the scope of work.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance.
If interested please email your resume to Jared Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shall have ten (10) plus years of experience in designing, managing, administering, documenting, troubleshooting and supporting multiple, heterogeneous computer networks in both production and development environments.
Systems Equipment Installation and Implementation to include: installation, configuration, implementation, and validation of installation of components. Components include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft (current Version) Storage Spaces Direct (S2D)Microsoft (current Version) Failover Clustering
- Microsoft (current Version) Hyper-V Manager
- Microsoft's System Center monitoring components/methods
- Mass storage arrays and servers
- Author and utilize scripting languages, mainly but not limited to PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills
- Installation of network switches, routers, and firewalls
- Installation and management of systems via hypervisors and virtualization subsystems
- Articulate problems/resolutions to management
- Installation and management of workstations, including end user workstations and connected end-point devices and UPS
- Provide prompt, efficient, and professional support for multiple customer locations
- Track the status of work being performed by the subordinate system administrators
- Step in mid-problem and provide advanced troubleshooting and support to others
- Utilize a background of strong and broad experience to resolve issues across an enterprise
- Provide ad-hoc network, system, and workstation support
- Provide technical assistance to facilities that require ingenuity and technical reasoning
- Support a variety of networking, storage, virtualization, and other components that may span across multi-generational deployments
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing technologies on site, and considering emerging technologies
- Excellent communication skills to facilitate end users' needs with management decisions
- Identify technology issues and shortfalls to management
- Ability to learn new technologies by their own initiative or as directed by management, and act as a Subject Matter Expert for that technology
- Perform administration and maintenance of hardware and software systems utilized throughout a system
- Properly setup, from the box, any component in an enterprise environment with little to no direct assistance
- Provide escalation level technical support
- Provide research and development to assist initiatives
- Current knowledge of industry trends and advancements
- Perform testing, documentation, and deployment of modernization technologies to existing production environments.
- Maintain cloud (examples: Azure, AWS) infrastructure systems and on premise cloud (examples: Azure, AWS, OpenStack) infrastructure systems
- Add, configure, and manage Roles and Features on Microsoft Server (current Version) including but not limited to: Active Directory, DHCP Server, DNS Server, File and Storage Services, Print and Document Services, Remote Desktop Services, Windows Server Update Services, .NET Framework, Containers, Data Center Bridging, Failover Clustering, Group Policy Management, Remote Server Administration Tools, Windows PowerShell
- Maintain current versions of Microsoft server technologies including but not limited to:
- Skype for Business Server and client installations
- SQL Server
- SharePoint Server
- Azure Stack
- o System Center
- Configure and monitor systems/servers utilizing Windows Admin Center, Failover Cluster Manager tools, and Remote Server Administrative Tools (RSAT)
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178