St. Luke’s Sugar Land Hospital, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is an acute care hospital with a strong reputation for delivering quality care to patients in Fort Bend County and Southwest Houston. You have the opportunity to join our team of skilled nurses who successfully apply their vast clinical experience with the latest technology to their patients.Responsibilities
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care through assessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning and implementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staff nurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in and maintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance with hospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursing practice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriate patient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patient focused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental and spiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care team members.
- Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursing diagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcome of the interventions.
- Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal and quality patient care requirements.
- Provides appropriate teaching and information to patients and families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, Skin Integrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, and Discharge instructions.
Benefits of Working for St. Luke’s
St. Luke’s Sugar Land Hospital provides you with the same level of care you provide to others. We care about our employees’ well-being and offer benefits that complement and support your work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Free Premium Membership to our Care@Work program to help employees with child care, pet care, senior caregivers, housekeepers & more.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Wellness Programs
Education and Licensure Required:
Registered Nurse (RN)
Minimum of Associate of Nursing degree (ADN)
*Based on location assignment may also require BLS/ACLS/ and or PALS
At least 1 year of ICU/critical care experience.
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Nursing Diagnosis
- Nursing Process
- Associates Degree In Nursing
- Registered Nurse Certified