Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our company requires. As the Lead Investigator, Employee Relations, you will be responsible for leading efficient, ethical and professional investigations in the region, in partnership with HR and compliance. We will look to you to champion our values in a role that is critical for long-term success.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Conduct efficient, ethical and professional investigations in the region
- Act as the point of contact for advice and mentorship on investigation issues for your area of responsibility
- Lead complex compliance and employee relations investigations; effectively summarize findings and mitigation opportunities in written reports
- Coordinate information requests and EEOC and agency claims
- Provide direct support to Regional HR, Labor Relations and other Less-than-Truckload (LTL) HR teams, as well as operations and sales partners
- Liaise closely with the Corporate Compliance Team in managing, assessing and conducting investigations; review the overall accuracy and completeness of investigations on the case management system
- Prepare timely and accurate analytical reports on investigation issues and trends
- Assist in developing and implementing a standardized investigative process across the region
- Deliver investigative training as required
- Provide HR generalist support for the region/district as needed
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 4 years of related work experience
- Experience conducting investigations
- Knowledge of labor law, legal terminology and related common practices
- Familiarity with data protection laws and the coordination of data protection requirements in the investigative process
It’d be great if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Human Resources or a related area
- Master’s degree
- 7 years of experience conducting investigations
- 2 years of experience in an HR management role
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Human Resource Management