The Human Resources Program Partner, VA reports to the Director, Human Resources and is a member of the Supervisors Leadership Team. The role provides dedicated operational human resource guidance and expertise to support the programs VA initiatives and activities. The HR PP liaises with program management to achieve effective talent management, inclusive of sourcing, recruiting, onboarding, and orientation of newly hired employees. The HR PP builds external relationships with recruiting sources to leverage the organization’s presence and brand at local colleges and universities, professional associations, and industry specific job fairs.
- Chief collaborator and HR point person for his/her respective VOA program able to work and communicate effectively with VP, directors, and supervisors, support staff and external contacts.
- Exercises discretionary judgment as to where it is most appropriate to locate oneself either in the respective program office or administrative office.
- Interprets and applies company HR policies, understanding implications and impact on HR and other departments.
- Prepares and delivers presentations (i.e. orientation, trainings).
- Ensures the accuracy and timely submission of personnel action requests and other HR actions for employees in the respective state(s) program within VOA.
- Utilize existing HR tools (i.e. HR/Paycom/Payroll system) to provide reports and data analyses.
- Conducts investigations and conflict resolution/mediation sessions as needed.
- Generate templates and presentations that represent data analyses for internal use and to be presented to management.
- Provide feedback concerning possible problems or areas of improvement; recommends action plans and strategies.
- Seeks assistance in addressing difficult and unusual HR issues from VP, Human Resources and Administration, Director, Human Resources, Assistant Director, Human Resources, Senior, HR Program Partner or designee.
- Perform other duties as assigned by HR Director or designee
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Human Resources Management, or related field strongly recommended.
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR certification a plus not required.
- A minimum of two (2) years human resource experience strongly preferred to help expedite the responsiveness of HR support to the VOA programs throughout the Chesapeake affiliate, specifically focused on VA employees.
- Experienced at fielding questions and concerns for talent management, organizational policy and protocols, benefits, compensation, employment and employee relations.
- Excellent ability to triage or push to the next level matters requiring specialist expertise, and when the answer is outside of scope.
- Excellent ability to interface with regional Vice President and address over-arching regional matters in a concise and response matter with solid resolutions.
- Knowledge of the VA state and Federal employment laws and regulations as it relates to labor/employment.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize workload, meet critical deadlines and comfortably work with confidential employee and employer information.
- Must possess outstanding team building skills and the desire to work with people.
- Be able to proficiently utilize technology, metrics, and standard processes.
- Experience with conducting investigations and providing recommendations
- Ability to use independent judgment and address conflict and find resolutions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
- Professional and customer-focused approach to handle employee and supervisor inquiries.
- Maintains privacy where appropriate, including confidentiality and protection of sensitive reports or information.
- Ensures all HR actions are compliant with organizational policies and procedures as well as, with federal, state laws, and regulatory agency compliance. This is particularly relevant with maintenance of the official HR file, employee payroll and medical files.
- Assists in all staff training reducing unwarranted risk and staff knows steps needed to achieve their short and long-term career goals with the agency.
Human Resources Information System (Hris)
Hr Management Systems