The Director, Business Development will partner with Global Quality & Operations (GQO) and Divisional leaders to drive business results. This executive will lead the development and implementation of strategic plans to drive category leadership and marketing leadership in MedSurg Equipment, Orthopaedics, and Neurotechnology/Spine. He/she will oversee a broad array of plans involving new technology adoption, NPIs, network redefinition, supply chain redesign, M&A etc. This leader will develop strong working relationships with Product Development, Marketing, Advanced Operations, and Clinical Quality & Regulatory Affairs’ functions as well as within the manufacturing plants. He/she will represent Divisional product innovation needs within the Business Unit and wider GQO team.
- Lead the Business Unit in supporting Divisional and Group goals/targets through business development activities.
- Drive adoption of solutions which improve divisional commercial performance with the aim to generate incremental revenue, margin expansion, brand enhancement and simplified supply chain.
- Direct voice of the customer work with internal and external customers to create strategic direction. Focus on enabling Divisional strategic plans through Business Unit performance.
- Manage Business Unit representation in Divisional strategic planning, annual business planning, and budgeting.
- Liaise with key executives to align with goals of divisions and support clear communication of commercial direction.
- Senior member of Business Unit leadership team.
- Deliver visionary strategic leadership to the cross functional team.
- Establish a network of key divisional/corporate leaders, divisional professionals, academics and supplier partners to facilitate the development and success of the Business Unit.
- Participate in Sales meetings, Operational meetings, Customer site visits and industry based meetings and, as appropriate, engage in public speaking events.
- Oversee business analytics for long range planning. Also provide specialist support for M&A, due diligence and business integration.
- Construct and build out new organizational structures to support strategic initiatives and business expansion.
- Regularly communicate Business Unit’s vision, goals and achievements.
- Partner with divisions to accurately resource & prioritize new product activities.
- Actively engage organizations to deliver products and technologies in line with divisional expectations.
- Develop and maintain business forums and process improvement initiatives.
- Lead teams to work effectively and build collaborative relationships across multiple divisions to improve commercial performance.
- Develop and maintain the Business Unit’s performance, ensuring learning and development needs are aligned with product roadmaps.
- Foster a culture of collaboration between the divisional teams and GQO teams to ensure that key skillsets can be leveraged when required to ensure projects are managed effectively and delivered in line with divisional expectations.
- Ensure a “best practice” NPI approach is being utilized in product launch performance and establish measures to enhance the pace of innovation.
- Manage annualized expense and capital budgets.
- B.S in Engineering, Science or Business discipline required or a related Master’s degree.
- Strong operations, commercial and business training ideal.
- 8 - 10 years broad based business experience in high performance, multi-national enterprise, at least 5 years of which has been spent at leadership level in Medical Devices or other highly regulated industry
- Strong leadership skills, proven ability to coach and mentor individuals.
- The individual should enjoy working in a dynamic and results driven team based environment with flexibility.
- Ability to network and influence at divisional and corporate level and with external agencies and partners.
- Capability to effectively lead division wide, multi-site initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and engineering experience in commercial, supply or new product introduction, in a regulated environment preferred.
- Strong knowledge in project management tools essential.
Work From Home: No
Travel Percentage: Up to 50%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
New Product Development