The Managed Networks Process and Systems Specialist supports the Process and Systems team with data analyses, process discovery, and system enhancement projects. The incumbent contributes independently and with teams to document and analyze business process improvements and technology enhancements. The Specialist also creates and uses reports to analyze business data, ensure data quality, and validate new report analyses.
- Drive improved operational results through the documentation of comprehensive business processes, which includes:
- Analyzing, researching, developing, writing, and/or editing the department’s policy and process documents according to applicable standards and procedures, including formal policies and procedures, operational forms, operating procedures, and departmental training documentation;
- Participating in conversations with functional business owners about identifying and capturing in writing operational processes and best practices for creating effective policies and procedures; and
- Supporting Managed Networks and Innovation (“MN&I”) channel program build-out, which will include but not limited to project management, research and reporting on findings, acting as the subject-matter-expert for channel program tool usage, and analyzing data.
- Support Reporting Analysts with department reporting and analytics by:
- Performing ad-hoc data analyses, data manipulations, and in-depth Excel report analyses to answer relevant business questions;
- Thoroughly testing new reports to validate data and ensure accurate results;
- Identifying data quality issues in reporting and highlighting those issues for management; and
- Analyzing business data to reveal trends, opportunities, and risks, and presenting findings to internal teams.
- Support the department's continuous improvement and quality initiatives by auditing business process performance, summarizing results, and initiating improvement initiatives.
- Support the implementation of new tools or tool enhancements by:
- Attending IT requirements sessions, capturing training needs, and processing changes;
- Creating documentation for new tool releases and system enhancements;
- Managing the account and training for relevant department databases;
- Administering the MN&I team’s SharePoint site; and
- Participating in scoping sessions, requirement gathering, documentation, and training.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Self-motivated analytical thinker; able to work independently and collaboratively to complete tasks and respond to requests.
- Ability to work with different functional groups and all levels of employees to effectively and professionally achieve results.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Four-year college degree in Business, Communications, Project Management, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience required.
- SharePoint experience preferred.
Approximately 90% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 10% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Process Improvements (Business)