The Intake Specialist is a part of the Funding Group. They will take the patient's info, enter the data into the system, call the insurance company and verify the information. It is mainly a data entry role and routine work.
The intake specialist works directly with the insurance companies to verify client eligibility and prepare prior authorization documents for submittal and approval. This position also ensures that department mail, e-mails and new funding requests are filed correctly and forwarded to the appropriate teams.
The intake specialist is responsible for data entry of customer files into the funding database and organization and intake of new funding requests.
- Receive equipment request from Field Sales Consultants, SLPs or family members for equipment and contact insurance company to verify eligibility
- Monitor incoming funding e-mails and new requests
- Label, store and organize funding documents within the document database
- Enter case and demographic information into database and transfer request to Funding Consultant for review and/or processing
- Contact insurance company to verify eligibility, benefit coverage, and prior authorization requirements
- Research third party insurance requirements in order to complete prior authorization forms correctly
- Prepare prior authorization forms and submit documents to insurance company for approval
- Communicate status of new orders with members of the sales team, clients and Speech and Language Pathologists via e-mail
- Meets established goals and expectations successfully
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
Insurance verification experience preferred
1-2 yrs Data Entry experience necessary
Associates Degree preferred
Patient Information Leaflet