The Bendix CVS Elyria, OH facility has a contract postion for a Medical and Occupational Health Services Coordinator. This contract position will report directly to the Group Health & Safety Mnager and will be responsible for managing medical and occupational health programs at the Elyria, OH site. Activities include providing or coodinating acute care for occupational injuries, occupational health medical screenings; working with Human Resources in managing medical leaves of absence; managing internaltional travel medicine, performing ergonomics & fitness for duty assessments, assisting in the training of the onsite emergency response team and other occupational health & safety programs.
Supports the health and productivity activities at the Elyria, OH site.
- Coordinates health screenings: blood pressures, flu shots, & blood drives.
- Develops and provides health education information and seminars when requested
- Leader of the onsite Emergency Response Team (training programs such as first aid, CPR & BBP)
Coordinates occupational health programs that maximize occupational health objectives.
- Administers first aid and coordinates emergency care for work related incidents
- Maintains site’s first aid service facilities and equipment in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition
- Controls medical supplies including inventories of supplies and ordering appropriate supplies
- Initiates and coordinates case management on workers' compensation.
- Assists in the administration of training and medical surveillance programs regarding occupational health, including hearing conservation (audiometric testing), blood borne pathogens & AED.
- Assists in the evaluation of work stations/areas for ergonomics.
- Coordinates international travel preparation and immunization program.
- Performs fitness for duty / physical demands assessments for onsite jobs
- Periodically participates in Safety Committee Meetings / Audits
- Facilitates training for the onsite emergency response team.
Works with Human Resources in administering and monitoring medical leaves of absence.
- Provides guidance on pre-employment and physical qualification requirements and examinations.
- Works in coordination with HR to manage disability programs (short & long term disability).
- Coordinates personnel disability claims and case management.
- Advises management and Human Resources on return to work program and absence management.
- Provides guidance on job function analyses and functional capacity exams.
- Coordinates substance abuse testing and prevention program
- Responsible for all medical records to include individual employee health records and workers' compensation cases.
- Working knowledge of Worker’s Compensation Management, OSHA, ADA, FMLA, and other Federal, State and Local regulations
- Ability to build and balance relationships between the patient, employer and service provider’s needs in order to get injured employee’s back to regular duty as quickly as possible
- Excellent administrative skills
- Assertive and independent medical decision making
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written to present complex/controversial ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to deal with problems involving several concrete and abstract variables in non-routine situations.
- Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Minimum RN required. BSN & Occupational health nurse with BSN degree licensed in the state of Ohio (RN) preferred.
- Current CPR certification required
- Five years nursing experience in an occupational health setting. Industrial experience preferred
- Five years administrative experience in claims management setting.
- Well versed in ADA, FMLA, OSHA regulations, etc.
- Updates and maintains skills by continuing education through attendance at professional meetings and through course work.
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Automated External Defibrillator
Hearing Conservation Programs