To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Donaldsonville, LA 70346
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PI Systems Administrator
CF Industries • Donaldsonville, LA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Department:AG0508GLA App Devel - LA, Exempt
Job Summary:This position: evaluates corporate PI technological architecture and makes related changes which support business requirements; determines information resource requirements; devises plans and leads projects to accomplish corporate objectives.
Evaluates and makes recommendations related to PI technical architecture
- Works with business users to identify/clarify requirements, requests and opportunities for PI solutions.
- Reviews all new PI system developments and modifications for technological consistency; assuring designs are consistent across all sites.
- Develops PI technology standards. Ensures all PI sites comply with standards.
- Works with IS department managers and project leaders to provide transition guidance from high level concepts to implementation strategies. Manages assigned projects.
Manages PI data administration
- Overall expert of PI data administration and shares expert knowledge with IT staff. Ensures backup person is properly trained on all PI data administration functions.
- Advises management on PI database concepts and PI functional capabilities.
- Customer service oriented. DCS programmers, Operations and Engineering staff are the primary customers.
- Determines management and user requirements for PI data resources; devise plans and strategies to organize and make information more available to help accomplish organizational benefits/goals using the PI system.
- Consults, advises and designs data architecture solutions for the PI system.
- Maintains policies and procedures for all matters relating to corporate PI data resources and their effective use, security and control.
- Plans, develops and maintains PI database software for all CF sites and distribution facilities. Recommends hardware upgrades for all PI servers.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity across all PI systems.
- Monitors production data administration efficiency, tunes tags to improve system performance, and recommends application improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends software tools to increase user productivity and provide enhanced data availability. Ensures tools/processes are in place to provide critical application data availability and disaster recovery ability.
- Undergraduate degree (computer science or business preferred). MBA or advanced degree desired.
- Equivalent of 5-10 year’s information systems design and implementation experience.
- Extensive current technology knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in enterprise modeling methodologies and the use of prototyping techniques.
- Equivalent of 5+ years of PI administration and PI solution development experience
- Extensive networking knowledge. Cisco certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL query and .Net programming languages
The incumbent in this position provides optimized consistency between business requirements and PI technological solutions; assures completeness of business requirements, reducing the possibility of partial solutions; increases flexibility to meet changing business requirements; increases IS responsiveness to the business community; improves PI system quality.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at email@example.com.