To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse - Nursing Flex Staff, Full-time, Evenings/Nights (RN EXPERIENCE PREFERRED)
AbilityLab • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Registered Nurse is responsible for performing individualized and age-specific nursing assessment of assigned patients using advanced assessment skills and other medical data to formulate nursing diagnoses. Develops individualized care plans and provides and coordinates comprehensive nursing care. Instructs patients and significant others in care provided, disease and/or illness, expected outcomes and home care.
The Registered Nurse will consistently demonstrate support of the SRAlab statement of Vision, Mission and Core Values by striving for excellence, contributing to the team efforts and showing respect and compassion for patients and their families, fellow employees, and all others with whom there is contact at or in the interest of the institute.
The Registered Nurse will demonstrate SRAlab Core Attributes: Communication, Accountability, Flexibility/Adaptability, Judgment/Problem Solving, Customer Service and SRAlab Values (Hope, Compassion, Discovery, Collaboration, & Commitment to Excellence) while fulfilling job duties.
The Registered Nurse will:
- Assessment – Utilize appropriate evidence-based techniques and instruments to collect pertinent physiological, psychosocial, and functional data to formulate nursing diagnosis.
- Safety – Incorporate factors related to safety into delivery of patient care as directed by the registered nurse.
- Interpret data from all health team members and integrate it into written assessment and formulates a nursing diagnosis based on available assessment data.
- Continue assessment process on a continuous basis to anticipate possible changes in patient status based on clinical experience; establish priorities for patient care and identifies crisis situations.
- Planning – Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and interventions to attain expected outcomes and is consistent with interdisciplinary plan of care and patient/family goals. Demonstrate respect, courtesy, understanding and tolerance while accomplishing shared goals.
- Implementation/Evaluation – Implement interventions consistent with the established plan of care, interdisciplinary treatment plan, and available resources; evaluate progress toward goal attainment, modifying the plan of care as indicated.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care for assigned patients by maintaining a current care plan and adjusting it to the patient's changing needs. Nursing care includes performing specializing treatments, administering prescribed medications, delegating duties to appropriate persons and coordinating patient care with other departments.
- Demonstrate competency in understanding the growth and development of infant, child, adolescent, young adult, middle-aged adult and geriatric patients as measured by specific performance standards and as described by department/unit policies and procedures. Demonstrate the ability to interpret growth and development related information to assure patient needs are met.
- Meet learning needs of patients and significant others by providing accurate information regarding care during hospitalization including expected outcomes, home care instructions and referrals to appropriate health agencies and resources.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining learning environment by working effectively with health team members, assisting with care and documentation and initiating and conducting patient care conferences with staff.
- Communicate patient care plan to health team members on a continuing basis which includes completing and updating assignment sheets, giving report, providing explanation of plan of care to be given, acting as resource person and completing necessary documentation on various nursing forms.
- Collect and report pertinent physiological, psychological, and functional data based on patient plan of care or patient need.
- Utilize the current computer system appropriately to document functional care, procedures and quantitative values.
- Document medication, administration, functional care, intake and output, vital signs and other measure in RICIS or utilize downtime procedures.
- Assume team leader/MOD leader responsibilities as assigned which include working effectively with team members and resolving interdepartmental problems and barriers to provision of necessary services to patients.
- Safety – Incorporate factors related to safety risk reduction into planning and delivery of care.
- Professionalism and Development – Evaluate own performance in relation to institutional practice standards, quality improvement initiatives, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Review, evaluate and make recommendations regarding Institute policies and procedures related to patient care to ensure comprehensive patient care.
- Participate in other professional activities such as contributing to learning experience of nursing student, participating in inservices and continuing education programs and assisting in research projects to ensure continued growth within profession.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned in the best interest of SRAlab.
- Reports directly to the Nurse Manager or designee.
- Professional knowledge of practice acquired by obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited program, a Master’s of Science in Nursing from an accredited program, or the combination of the theory course(s) for the profession of nursing, a registered nurse license and a Master’s degree in a related field required.
- Current Illinois license to practice as a registered nurse required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Communication – Ability to communicate effectively using timely verbal, non-verbal and written communication.
- 5. Accountability – Ability to proactively take ownership for serving the customer, team and organization, for achieving goals and for resolving problems. Ability to do whatever it takes to ensure individual, departmental/team and organizational excellence.
- 6. Flexibility/Adaptability– Willingness to adapt to changing work demands and work environment.
- Judgment/Problem Solving - Demonstrated critical thinking skills and ability to make sound judgments to monitor and respond to patient needs or changes in condition.
- Customer Service – Ability to anticipate, assess and address the needs of patients and internal/external customers to positively influence the patient/customer experience (directly or indirectly).
- Ability to transfer and position patients, consistent with lifting up to 35 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SRAlab is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law
and you will be sent to our online application.
We ask you to please take a few minutes to fill out the application.
We look forward to speaking with you soon.