Job Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
Job Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Department: Information Technology
Immediate Supervisor Title: IT Data Manager
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Reviews, evaluates, implements and maintains company business intelligence tools and reports (Reporting Services, Tableau, Cubes, Excel, KMSF dashboards, reporting packets, crystal reports…)
- Programs custom applications to support the needs of the medical practice including extracting data from databases to satisfy standard ad hoc requests, developing databases, spreadsheets, and other programs to manipulate data.
- Performs analysis and testing on new software solutions prior to implementation.
- Serves as company expert on datasets and aids others in the use of reporting tools and analysis of data (Contract Management, Provider Audit, Third Party reporting systems, Claim Edits, Clinical Systems and other KMSF sources of data)
- Develops and maintains standard report sets and analytics for business units.
- Conducts periodic reviews with business units of report sets and analytics.
- Consults with business units to enhance all aspects of reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Performs routine and ad-hoc data analytics to support business needs.
- Produces routine and ad-hoc data sets to support business needs.
- Documents and may train users on reporting/analytical processes, reports, and other related objects.
- Participates in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Interacts with users through various phases of design, implementation and maintenance.
- Responsible for receiving, logging, and resolving related support calls and requests in a timely manner.
- Performs related work as required.
- Audits finished work for accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Microsoft SQL Server, Analysis Services, Crystal Reports, Reporting Services, Reporting tools, Microsoft Access, Excel, Visual Studio, VSS, TFS, Tableau, Decision Support and other technologies.
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Experience Requirement: 5+ years’ experience business intelligence, reporting and data analytics.
Other Requirements: None
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted Information Technology environment. Occasional evening and weekend work, as needed.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder. Some lifting maybe required.
Decision Making Requirements: Within scope of responsibilities with Director oversight.
Job Specific Competencies:
1. Critical Thinking:
Using inductive and deductive reasoning to formulate general rules or principles and apply them to work; identifying flaws in logical reasoning; understanding complex conceptual relationships; accurately detecting underlying themes or patters in data.
2. Detail Orientation: Meticulously keeping track of details without becoming overwhelmed by them; being exacting, precise, and accurate; spotting minor imperfections or errors and taking action to correct them.
3. Information Analysis: Locating and gathering relevant information; recognizing and working to eliminate important gaps in existing information; determining the value of the information; synthesizing and organizing information to get a better understanding of a problem.
4. Learning: Grasping the essence of new material quickly and easily; understanding one's learning style and seeking appropriate learning opportunities; using mistakes as learning opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
A solid work ethic will be expected and required of this position’s occupant
Analytics experience in a medical setting (preferably professional billing) Solid understanding of databases, reporting and related programming
Project management principles
Data analytics and data mining
Trending and Forecasting
Statistics Query language
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Database querying and fundamentals
Ability to keep work organized
Able to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment
Able to efficiently and effectively manage one’s work
Able to work in a challenging fast paced environment
Very systematic and meticulous with details
Must be able to produce consistent quality work