This position will work closely with Business Analysts and IT team members to understand the end-to-end processes, systems and integration for conducting business transactions. The Lead Systems Analyst will provide leadership and direction in the design, implementation and support of business application systems throughout the IT organization. This position will require development tasks, documenting technical requirements, resource planning and management, ability to address complex business processes and provide innovative solutions for the business.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Provides team with a clear sense of direction and objectives, creates a stable and team-oriented atmosphere, and supports employment development through coaching and mentoring.
- Assists business users, project managers and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, requirements, benefits and risks of proposed solution and helps manage expectations of users and management
- Understands business problems, processes and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Possess functional, technical and analytical abilities sufficient for the support and configuration of Oracle applications, including experience with Oracle workflows, personalization, fast formulas and extensions.
- Ability to learn and cross-train staff in multiple technical areas
- Delivers daily production break/fix support and also assist with enhancements to the Oracle EBS modules. Project development tasks, including leading team and overall support plans for requirements; leading technical (development, system test, and interface) teams during enhancements.
- Typically works on large/complex global projects with diversified international team.
- Presents concepts in clear and concise fashion using tools and material appropriate for the audience.
- Conducts gap analysis between delivered functionality and client requirements and recommends solutions.
- Leads and manages technical process design initiatives, and manages the translation of those requirements to the team
- Develops well designed, quality and efficient code and focuses on the supportability, reliability, and effectiveness by enforcing coding best practices across global team.
- Facilitates and supports the delivery of new applications, enhancements, highly creative and effective solutions that are forward-thinking for the organization.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Position Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Business, or equivalent professional education/experience
- Should have 10+ years of experience in designing, writing detailed technical requirements and test scenarios based upon business/functional requirements
- 5+ years of implementation experience in Oracle and other enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience of team member (onshore-offshore) management, mentoring, and developing resources
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow Framework
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion & E-Business Suite - Financials, Supply Chain, HR, Enterprise Asset Maintenance, Human Resources, Benefits, and Payroll
- Experience with ITIL, Project Management, Agile, DevOps, and SDLC
- Good written and verbal communication skills to explain technical needs and problems to non-technical staff
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple functions/organizations, vendors and all levels of management
- Ability to utilize infrastructure software and Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Visio, SharePoint and version control software
- Strong time management and organizing skills necessary to prioritize and manage multiple assignments and priorities
- Strong data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving ability with strong customer service /user support skills.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 25 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position works inside a climate-controlled environment in the corporate office of Parker Drilling Company.
- Ensure personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, suppliers and guests
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure
- As needed, seek advice from QHSE representative
Write Technical Specification
Maintain Enterprise Application
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)