To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Claremore, OK 74019
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Elec Engineer
CF Industries • Claremore, OK
Posted 8 days ago
CF Industries is a global leader in transforming natural gas into nitrogen. The chemical processes we use ensure we have the nitrogen we need to support life on earth - from fertilizer that feeds the crops that feed the world to products that remove harmful emissions from industrial activities. Through our nine world-class manufacturing complexes and best-in-class distribution system, we serve agricultural and industrial customers. We invite you to be a part of our nearly 3,000 employees making a difference every day.
Function:Engineering and Engineering Services
Job Summary:The Plant Electrical Engineer will support the Maintenance team by providing technical expertise to solve daily maintenance issues, support and develop PM programs and update plant electrical one line drawings. The Plant Electrical Engineer will also be responsible for developing and implementing power distribution and switchgear reliability projects from initial conception through commissioning
- Provide daily maintenance support to IE craft and Operations to solve plant problems and be a resource that others come to for assistance.
- Provide long-term preventive/predictive maintenance program support for the IE technician craft and plant equipment.
- Develop capital and expense budget requirements related to electrical system reliability projects, preventative and predictive maintenance programs, and repairs for all phases of the project life cycle.
- Prepare project authorization documentation including cost estimates, project justification, schedules and execution plans according to CF safety guidelines.
- Interact with engineering and construction contractors, vendors both on-site and off-site during project implementation.
- Perform pre-startup safety reviews and audits of electrical installations.
- Oversee application and interpretation of National Electric Code and other applicable federal codes and standards (e.g., IEEE, NFPA, API).
- Develop and maintain plant one-line diagrams that will accomplish the needs of a project and support the reliability of the nitrogen complex.
- Integrate forward thinking design into plant infrastructure maintenance and reliability projects.
- Work closely with the DCS Specialist team on electrical maintenance and reliability support
- Continually improve and develop the PM programs required for electrical switchgear testing and power distribution for plant turnarounds
- Develop PM programs to improve the maintainability, operability and running condition of electrical systems.
- Identify and investigate obsolete equipment failures or premature equipment failure and develop corrective action plans.
- Participate in technical networks, developing and implementing best practices.
- Support documentation of systems and processes that maintain accurate electrical equipment information and drawings.
- Perform job duties safely and championing the safety of others.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- 5 or more years of experience in electrical equipment and power system maintenance and/or electrical design in a plant environment
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC)
- Experience working in refining and/or the chemical industry in the field of electrical engineering
- Working knowledge of process instrumentation design and/or maintenance
- Working knowledge of switchgear, specifications, design and implementation in project design packages, FAT, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of medium voltage MCCs, specifications, design and implementation in project design packages, FAT, commissioning, and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge of highline, power pole design/utility
- Working knowledge of power distribution systems
- Working knowledge of API, IEEE, NEMA, UL, ANSI, etc.
- Working knowledge of power load assessments
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement can be found on this link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/PayTransparencyNondiscrimination.html.
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the “Canadian Human Rights Act”.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].