Facilitate all aspects of the closing process in accordance with company and program guidelines, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and send closing documents.
• Answer closing questions for internal and external parties.
• Confirm loan closing, prepare loan documents and request funding and loan disbursements.
• Coordinate all aspects of the closing process.
• Manage and perform multiple tasks accurately in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
• Obtain property tax information and verify accuracy with Title Company, and/or tax collector.
• Calculate tax escrows and ensure ample amounts are collected for next due date.
• Review hazard insurance and premiums and ensure we have sufficient insurance in place at closing and ample amounts collected for next due.
• Inform internal and external parties of loan’s status as required.
• Accurately input data into system and other applications as needed.
•Provide daily status to manager on all unfunded loans.
• Prepare closing documents completely and accurately.
• Monitor closings and solve any problems that may arise.
• Confirm closings and inform the appropriate internal personnel.
• Collect and review any “at closing conditions”, review settlement statement to ensure all fees have been collected/disbursed, request funding and disbursement of funds.
• Assist post closing department to obtain any outstanding documentation, as needed.
• Manage internal and external expectations on timelines, costs, and processes.
• Help train new employees in the department.
• Act in accordance with company, policies and procedures.
• Complete special tasks as assigned by manager as needed.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
Strong attention to detail.
• The ability to work overtime
1+ year of mortgage closing experience is required, preferably including recent experience closing Fannie and/or Freddie Mortgages. Thorough knowledge of RESPA regulations is also required.
College Degree is preferred but cannot substitute for recent mortgage closing experience.
• Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration Requirements: o Willingness and ability to obtain SAFE licensing (at company expense) is also required.
Attention To Detail