To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bridgeton, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Configuration Change Engineer
Apex Systems • Bridgeton, MO
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems is looking for a Configuration Analyst/Engineer in the St. Louis area.
Qualified candidates can email Marc at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The Configuration-Release Engineer supports applications within the production & lower environments. The focus is on health, stability and security of each application/environment. The Configuration-Release Engineer deploys code, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of applications. Assists in maintaining program libraries and technical manuals along with application service and dataflow maps of the service platforms. Acts as a lead in the design, benchmark testing and documentation of program implementation. The Configuration-Release Engineer has duties on the instructing, directing and checking the work of other IT personnel.
- Strong troubleshooting/researching skills
- Familiarity with current monitoring/application performance management systems (NetCool, New Relic, etc.) desired.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Web-based/Cloud Technologies
- Advanced knowledge of Database driven applications
- Capable of performing Windows/UNIX system administrative functions for troubleshooting purposes
- Ability to support a 24/7 environment with rotating on-call schedule
- Committed to delivering high quality service
- Working knowledge of Cloud IAAS and PAAS services, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with web-based ticketing systems (Sales/Remedy Force desired)
- Familiarity with Windows/Linux OS
- Familiarity with Oracle/MS SQL
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced Scripting and basic programming skills
- Advanced knowledge of Network-based protocols: FTP, SFTP, TCP, including network troubleshooting
- Able to communicate issues to various teams in fast-paced environments
- Some form of Object Orientated Programming knowledge required
- Executing deployments to all 13 of our various environments (2 Development, 2 QA, 3 Certification/ 3 Disaster Recovery, 3 Production) covering 3 platforms (MCDS, FISMA & SCP)
- Disk Storage Management required for NAS, VM or physical drives to ensure capacity stays below warning threshold for Production, CERT, FISMA Production, FISMA CERT, FISMA 2, QA, Development & Corporate NA environments.
- Server Builds of Windows/Linus servers for multiple platforms to meet needs within the enterprise. Including installation of all applications/configurations, testing, documenting & deploying to all applicable environments.
- Supports Business needs by performing database changes (Oracle, MS SQL, FoxPro)
- Supports Business in research, troubleshooting, testing & data mining of all client/internal requests and work to understand their needs for the software and any issues they are experiencing
- Runs daily production print releases consisting of 3 standard print releases and additional print releases as needed for client support. 1 standard print release is required on Saturdays and is handled by the designated On Call team representative
- Create or update SOP documentation including network diagrams, procedures, and policies to ensure consistent support of customer environments
- Partner with the Problem Management team to reduce re-occurring incidents
- Provide the day-to-day support and service restoration for all production applications
- Provide assistance to Operations during nights & weekends as needed
- Assists with quarterly audits to all systems providing screen shots and other information needed to ensure all guidelines are in accordance with the company standards.
- Collaborates with other IT/BA functional groups to coordinate system, product and application upgrades/enhancements
- Diagnose problems in software and makes recommendations for improvement
- Monitor all environments to ensure effective performance
- Respond to all alerts in a timely manner and communicate resolution to all appropriate parties
- Perform routine operations tasks
- Work with internal/external software vendors to have application issues fixed/updated/maintained, both short term and long term (root cause analysis)
- Ensure all software licenses are renewed on time
- Ensure renewal, installation & distribution of all expiring web certificates
- Escalates problems appropriately and engages all entities with accurate urgency to resolve any incident
- Act as a technical resource for projects as required for customer support
- Understand the administration and user side functionality within the supported software applications
- Research and develop process improvements in dedication to continuous stabilization across all platforms
- Communicating the status of all production problems and upcoming maintenance and release activities to business partners, stakeholders and upper management
- Database management (Oracle, MS SQL, FoxPro) and trend analysis to identify slowness/locks or failures causing any application to fail its intended functionality
- Works with Print Operations to support/assess/fix any issues that occur on the floor to ensure production flows as expected
- System support programing in hi-level languages (Batch, Ruby, Perl, Foxpro, VBS, Oracle/SQL stored procedures)
- Familiarity with low level languages for research purposes (Delphi, C, C++, C#, Java)
- Maintains/owns the production engineering repository of code
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178