To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fern Park, FL
- Aspire Health Partners
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Adult Counselor- FITT Program
Aspire Health Partners • Fern Park, FL
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The FITT Program is a multidisciplinary team consisting of therapists, case managers, and recovery specialists that work with parents with open child welfare cases who have substance use disorders. We help them to become sober, stable, and to obtain reunification with their children from child welfare. We utilize a evidence-based model for treatment called Family Behavior Therapy which sets up interventions based on self-control, communication, budgeting, safety, substance use triggers, and more. We work in-home or in-community with our clients. We also work very closely with other providers and child welfare workers.
Our schedule is approximately: 8:00am-5:00pm, but it is flexible. We strive to eliminate all barriers to service for clients and this may include working earlier or later hours to see certain clients.
- Completing assessments with clients pertaining to substance use, parenting, trauma, and daily functioning.
- Work with the multidisciplinary team and the client to establish goals for stability and completing their child welfare case plan.
-Utilizing counseling methods, techniques, and interventions as determined by our evidence-based model, Family Behavioral Therapy. Providing long-term treatment (up to one year) for our clients as they learn how to maintain stability and sobriety. Therapy may include a support person in the sessions.
- Refer clients or families to other support services as appropriate and within the parameters of designated program, such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services and employment services and prepare and maintain required documentation for chain of custody.
- Complete required forms and make all necessary documentation to client files relating to all counseling content, observations, activities and issues relating to each client contacted. Prepare periodic and special reports relating to work activities and project progress. Prepare documents for presentation in court and accompany client to court as required. Participate in or lead projects involved in program planning and development or curriculum. Perform or manage crisis interventions as required.
-Will attend court proceeding as well as family team meetings so as to advocate for the client and explain to the client what is occurring, as well as to provide feedback on the client's progress.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to Agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug/tb test, Level2 Criminal Background Screening to include (DCF, FDLE, FBI). Testing is done at the expense of AHP through our contracted vendors. Candidates must also provide a Local Law Criminal Background Screening in their county of residence at their own expense (fees are nominal).
Requires a Master's Degree in a behavioral health-related discipline, such as mental health counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy. One year experience in a clinical setting.
Preferred: experience with child welfare, experience with substance use disorders,
Physical Requirements: Lifting: Must be able to lift 20 lbs. Sitting: Must be able to sit 30 minutes without interruption. Standing: Must be able to stand 30 minutes without interruption.