To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wayne, NJ 07470
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
BAE Systems • Wayne, NJ
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The successful candidate will serve as a Software Engineer within a specialized group in the Systems Engineering organization whose role is to design and build DoD systems that process information securely and are tamper resistant. The engineer hired into this role will perform prototype software development using vendor evaluation boards to assess the secure processing posture of various new to market commercial processors based on PowerPC, ARM and Intel Architectures. He/she will then take these findings to make a determination of the ability of these processors to guarantee integrity and confidentiality of software executing within them. This assessment will help inform the hardware baseline of new systems. He/she will develop systems requirements for trusted systems processing and write derived software requirements. He/she will design, code, test and integrate these requirements or guide other software engineers to do the same by providing them systems engineering direction.Typical Education & Experience Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experienceRequired Skills and Education The successful candidate will have a background in one or or more of the following:
- Developing software applications for embedded realtime systems: Embedded Linux, vxWorks, Integrity etc
- Experience Developing Code in C/C++
- Experience with boot straps, boot loaders, kernal programming
- Experience with or development of cryptographic applications and or cryptographic hardware
- Experience with Intel TXT/TPM, Freescale QorlQ architecture or ARM TrustZone
- Understanding of software and systems configuration management
- Ability to transfer knowledge to organization through design reviews, code reviews or internal briefings About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression