Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as “Personal Cell” or “Cellular” in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Strategy, Digital and Innovation (SDI) team forges the strategic direction of Wells Fargo, provides and manages our digital foundation and common capabilities, and transforms our business models to meet evolving customer needs and grow the company. The investments we are making will help the company create innovative digital banking experiences, and make it easier for customers to achieve their financial goals.
Wells Fargo’s Experience Design group is hiring a User Researcher who is earlier in their career to round out our team.
The Wells Fargo Experience Design team designs experiences that people love and confidently engage to improve their financial lives. We work closely with Technology and Product Management to ensure we are problem-driven (versus solution) and customer-first. While we have individual expertise across product design, research, content strategy and operations, we all operate as empowered leaders with strong design rationale. As a team, we care about each other yet believe in radical candor, want to have fun while we work, and are obsessed with what’s most important to our 30+ million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision!
- Through your research skills, ensure that Wells Fargo ships delightful customer experiences that achieve business goals
- Frame problems and identify the right research questions to answer
- Craft research plans across multiple studies that account for timelines, addresses key questions, and ensures that your research has impact
- Execute research, focused largely on evaluative research
- Generate insights
- Communicate insights compellingly such that teams understand how to act upon them
- Ensure that your research has a measurable impact, influencing product direction, strategy and design decisions
- Partner with various disciplines within a product team (product management, engineering, product design, content strategy, data science, and other researchers)
- Contribute to the broader research and experience design team to further strengthen the community
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting demonstrated through work or military experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Financial services industry experience
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Mobile and web experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience with user research tools such as usertesting.com, userzoom, dscout
- Experience combining qualitative and quantitative data
- Knowledgeable and have a deep understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, problem framing, interaction design, and content strategy
- MS/PhD in human behavior related field (Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc)
- 4+ years experience working in a product team, shipping products
- Deep knowledge of qualitative and methods, familiarity with quantitative research methods
- Expertise in both generative and evaluative research methods
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver products and/or services that are known for delightful experiences and ease of use
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.Benefits Summary
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to User Researcher for benefits information.
- User Centered Design
- Persona (User Experience)
- Experience Design
- Interaction Design
- Customer Experience
- Complex Problem Solving